Newspapers

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 29, 2008, 10:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

yeah, no dice.  All the liberal elites snapped them up right away with their seven dollar skinny decaf no-whip pumpkin latte.  Even the Wall Street Journal is selling out in Baltimore.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i just went to like five different places in downtown dc and no one has any times or waspo's....couple cashiers were telling me some people were buying 5-10 copies each today

my brother lives in manhatten and i just emailed him to see if he can find one...ill let you know
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I bought the last Wash. Post I saw at one place.  Thanks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Gotta love working in news at times like these.

6am they deliver a bunch of USA Today and Atlanta-Journal Constitution newspapers to the newsroom.

I swooped in and snatched up one of each.   :yay
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just print this:

What would you do with the whole paper anyway?

Feva

Next time I fail to pay my heating bill, I'll figure something out.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: EagleFeva on November 05, 2008, 12:32:43 PM
Next time I fail to pay my heating bill, I'll figure something out.

Or, next time you are dropping a deuce and realize you're out of TP.

Feva

See... now you're catching on.

phattymatty

picked up a few wapos first thing this morning.  no ny times though, sorry. 

Diomedes

thanks man

I was just stuck in traffic for an hour trying to get out of the city, listening to NPR.  They did a segment on how newspapers across the country sold out this morning

ice grillin you

from my bro...

"No luck as of yet. I doubt I'm going to find one. Maybe mom can. I imagine it's more difficult to find one in the city than in the rest of the country."

doesnt look good

ice grillin you

attn dio

ny times is reprinting yesterdays addition for sale today...not sure how many if any will make it to baltimore but you might wanna keep your eyes open

Diomedes

thanks.  I found this link reporting the same

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/11/nyt-printing-50-000-more-obama-papers-sees-record-web-traffic

but late last night I got word that a pal in the city landed one for me, it's in the mail now