Mock the Olympics here

Started by Diomedes, June 23, 2016, 06:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

farg the Olympics.  No one cares.  Corrupt, wasteful, poorly organized, etc. 

I'll begin the fun by posting the following story, about how Brazil trotted out a rare jaguar--their mascot for the entire games--and then shot it dead. 

Goddamn humans.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-olympics-rio-jaguar-idUSKCN0Z72P4
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

all Olympics are disgraceful but Brazil's is its own kind of awful....gonna make the Qatar World Cup look like an amnesty international green peace convention
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

That's a damn shame, what a beautiful animal. The jaguar was tranquilized too and the idiot still shot him.

As for the Olympics the events bore me, I never understood the appeal.

smeags

is there any doubt matty will be there ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: smeags on June 23, 2016, 08:04:17 AM

Funny thing about matty, I was in the Sixers thread, I never look at avatars, but matty has a Jon Ritchie avatar.

smeags

Quote from: SD on June 23, 2016, 08:14:04 AM
Quote from: smeags on June 23, 2016, 08:04:17 AM

Funny thing about matty, I was in the Sixers thread, I never look at avatars, but matty has a Jon Ritchie avatar.

it fits.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Rome

The highway that leads from the airport in Rio to the Olympic Center is literally controlled by gangs who routinely open fire on passing cars.  The bay where the aquatic races are to be held is so polluted with human waste, they can't guarantee the athletes won't catch illnesses from it, and they aren't swimmers or surfers either.  These are athletes on boats catching spray. 

Oh and then there's Zika, which doesn't have a cure or even an inoculation you can take to prevent you from acquiring the virus. 

Yeah, if I'm head of the USOC, I say we're OUT, thanks. 

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed.

I'd dip out. I used to love the olympics but they're a farce now. Corruption. Cheating. Viruses that makes kids heads shrink.

ice grillin you

I hope you pasty soccer fans remember this when your beloved World Cup in Qatar happens...i doubt it tho....it will be the best sporting event ever

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 24, 2016, 09:33:33 PM
I hope you pasty soccer fans remember this when your beloved World Cup in Qatar happens...i doubt it tho....it will be the best sporting event ever

no chance

itll be during the winter and all the games will be super early....its basically not going to exist. why do you think they just handed fox the 2026 wc without any other bidding. 2026 will likely be in the us, so that should be fun. but odds are youll be long dead by then.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

i cant possibly predict where ill be in 2022, but if it was this winter id watch it as much as i can....for example most games would be during work hours and weekend games would run up against football. it be tough.

one thing i know is i wouldnt be into it as much as previous cups
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

lol work hours >>> human rights and mass murder

MDS

to be fair theyre just killing cambodians