Flyers 15-16 Season Thread

Started by Rome, October 09, 2015, 10:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Since no one could be bothered.

Nice to see them pick up right where they left off last year. 

Can't score on penalties, blow a lead, then lose because the other team is faster and has better skill guys in OT.

Go team.

ice grillin you

not trying to say they are going to be a great team but I don't think last night was a good barometer of that...on the road went punch for punch with a cup favorite and held their own

what's hilariously disheartening is that mason appears to be a grade A Stanley cup goalie....something they have been looking for since the 80's and they have a horrible defense around him and not great forwards either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I don't care if the young kids are ready or not.  They have to be better than the slop they're putting out there now.

And I totally agree about Mason.  The ironic thing is he's only 27 but when they skim Homer's crud off the roster and they're in a position to legitimately compete, he'll be on the downside and they'll be right back to where they started.

BTW: Medvedev got nailed for an illegal stick on the PP.   C'mon, dude.

BigEd76

It's basically the same team as last year just with a new coach.  I don't see how they're any better than 5th or 6th in the division again

ice grillin you

I don't think the flyers are the same team...they dont have Craig berube Andrew McDonald Zack Rinaldo or nik grossman....all these guys were complete garbage and replaced with better parts

most importantly they aren't getting 30+ starts from Ray emery who was a train wreck

that said I do agree that they can't finish above 5th in the division even if they are a better team as they should be....the top four in the division include three Stanley cup contenders plus a really good islanders team

QB Eagles

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Players only meeting after 2 games?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

ice grillin you

I don't get what hakstal is doing benching Wayne Simmons already...he's wears an A and is one of the better players on a not very good roster

I don't know if hes trying to overcompensate to get the players respect because he's the first college coach to jump to the nhl in 25 years but you might wanna wait more than one game before sitting down one of the most respected veterans on the team

SD

ice grillin you

i didnt even think of that but possible i guess...this is hockey after all...but ill wait before i make that judgement...altho unless he drops the n word or throws a banana on the ice at practice i dont know how we would ever know...its not like there are other brothers on the team that he could put on blast

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 13, 2015, 07:11:06 AM
i didnt even think of that

This is the least plausible thing you have ever written.

ice grillin you

flyers look real good (so far) against the hawks lightning this year....zesty against florida

what a save neuvirth.....so much better than emery

ice grillin you