2015 Philadelphia 76ers Off Season Thread

Started by ice grillin you, April 15, 2015, 10:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

he will know what they are doing when hinkie magic takes his top ten pick next year (or this year - 1 in 5 chance)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 16, 2015, 09:21:53 AM
my biggest nightmare is that the sixers get 3 and the KAT and mudiay go 1-2....sixers gotta come away from this draft with one of those two or it a failure

What don't you like about Russell?

ice grillin you

Not a great athlete...not nba strong but also not nba quick....will be easier to guard than mudiay...I don't hate Russell just  think mudiay is clearly better...to be fair with mudiay I've seen him play three times ever plus every YouTube clip they have of him

both can be very good to great nba players but only mudiay can be a top two player on a title contender...his weaknesses can be improved...Russell's are physical limitations

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 16, 2015, 08:16:00 PM
Who was ripping him? Cataldi?

@JackMcCaffery: #Sixers Brown, who was ripped on radio for letting players draw up plays: 'First, I didn't realize that. Second, I don't care.'

it was Eskin
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Eskin was upset that an 18-54 team was having some fun at the end of a dreadful season?

Seriously.

SunMo

he hates the sixers right now and especially hinkie.  he went all in on destroying their plan a year ago so he has no choice but to keep up the schtick
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

I watched a dvr this morning of yesterdays pardon the interruption and holy shtein did kornheiser murder them for the embiid thing

the funny thing is I wonder if any of these people know that nn and j rich and maybe another player or two also handled a timeout....the national coverage of this only shows embiid...also from all the ones I saw while watching the game they never did this when it was their timeout...they only did it when the heat called a timeout or a tv timeout...that's makes a difference imo....if they had jo-jo calling a end of quarter half or game set when they needed to score i agree it would have been a joke

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on April 17, 2015, 08:18:46 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 16, 2015, 08:16:00 PM
Who was ripping him? Cataldi?

@JackMcCaffery: #Sixers Brown, who was ripped on radio for letting players draw up plays: 'First, I didn't realize that. Second, I don't care.'

it was Eskin

I should have known.

smeags

who gives a flyin farg about players on this team, this season drawing up plays ?

god i love brown's reaction. guy is so good for this team and this city. love his way of doing things. gonna be awesome to see what he can do when this off-season plays out.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Talking heads on one of the radio shows yesterday said if Saric were in this draft he's a top 5 pick.

Eagles_Legendz

Some people seem to think Winslow is ahead of Okafor now.  I'm not on the Okafor train at all but that might be a bit much.

ice grillin you

someone compared winslow to harden the other day

PhillyPhreak54

Who rubs their self raw more with negative Sixers news?

A. Howard Eskin
B. lil guy

QuoteHoward Eskin @howardeskin  ยท  3h 3 hours ago

I have been told #sixers no. 1 pick Joel Embiid fined thousands of dollars this season 4 being late and missing multiple rehab sessions.

MDS

as always, when you dont like the message, shoot the messanger
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote"Any time you have a coach that believes in you, you want to give 150%," Mbah a Moute said, explaining the team's consistent effort. "That's what coach [Brown] does. He believes in his players. He believes in developing them and allowing them to play to their full potential."

While Sam Hinkie's controversial roster construction helped keep the Sixers effort level high, it's head coach Brett Brown who deserves the lions share of the credit.

"It's more than just basketball," Luc Mbah a Moute said about Brown as a coach. "We're still human beings. We still have to live, we're not just basketball players. I think he does more than just draw X's and O's.

"It's probably one of the best experiences I've had with a coach," Mbah a Moute said.

That effort became one of the calling cards for a club consistently on the wrong end of a large talent discrepancy.

The Sixers had the best defensive rating in the league (98.1) in the 4th quarter. They forced the 2nd most 4th quarter turnovers in the league, averaging 4.2 turnovers forced per 4th quarter, behind only Dallas' 4.4 per game forced. Both are signs that the Sixers effort level remained high*.

"The fact that he talks to me is just a big difference right there," Thomas Robinson, the former 5th overall draft pick turned NBA vagabond, said when asked how Brown was different. "I never had that from a coach in the league, to make me feel comfortable when I mess up."

It's that attention, the attention to detail, the attention to the needs of his young players, that may separate Brown from the crowd. Hired in large part as a result of his pedigree as a player development coach with San Antonio, Brown's ability to engage with his young squad and get them focused on behavior, on repeated behaviors that turn into habits, may be his calling card.

Beyond effort, Brown also scored well on a personal level.

"Everybody feeds off of him a little bit. He's not a yeller, he's more like a teacher," Luc Mbah a Moute said. "He works for guys, he develops guys, and he's patient. He's been great this year."