Rest Of Baseball - 2014

Started by Rome, January 08, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

his vote was taken away for life

but ken gurnick can incorrectly jump to a conclusion and keep his vote. the whole thing is a joke

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 09, 2014, 07:02:18 PM
baseball hof is by far the best in the world....which is why so many people catch feelings over it

and i love punishing the roid monkeys by not voting them in....but espcially the dickheads like bonds and clemens

this comment is so stupid i dont even know where to begin. so im not going to because...lets face it...this dude aint changing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

baseball hof is by far the best in the world....which is why so many people catch feelings over it

and i love punishing the roid monkeys by not voting them in....but espcially the dickheads like bonds and clemens

I meant the selection process is a joke.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on January 10, 2014, 07:28:38 AM

I meant the selection process is a joke.

i think the selection process is very good....yes you have some idiots who have a vote that probably shouldnt...and i think they should be more proactive in taking away peoples votes when they do stupid shtein...like voting morris in but not anyone else....but the process itself is fine....one thing id change is up the % to get in from 75% to 80%
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the greatest pitcher and hitter of this current generation will not get in

the player with the most hits in the history of the game is banned for life

but phil rizzutto is in. bill mazeroski is in for 1 homer. candy cummings is in because he supposedly invented a pitch. they need to burn it down and start over.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

MDS

one voter who is going with the "all players from post-1985 are guilty" angle still put heido nomo on his ballot because he spent a few years in japan.

http://bbwaa.com/14-hof-ballots/

but its all legit

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 10, 2014, 02:36:15 PM
the greatest pitcher and hitter of this current generation will not get in

they should have thought of that before they went roid monkey....and they especially should have thought about it before they went dickhead denial and blamed everyone in the world but themselves

people need to study how andy pettite went about it...id put him in a million times before i put that pos clemens in

Sgt PSN

Pretty much. I mean, I still wouldn't put Pettite in since he's a known juicer, but yeah, I at least appreciate the fact that he didn't try to convince the world that water isn't wet.

MDS

clemens should probably be in for what he did pre roids. pre-toronto 1997 when he was presumably on the stuff he might have had the resume right there. the thing for him was from 93-96 he wasnt at the level he was previously...then magically in 1997 hes the best pitcher ever.

bonds was an amazing player regardless. yes he took roids, yes his homer numbers are inflated but he was unreal before, during and after. you cant keep him out. you just cant. he won 3 mvps and finished 2nd in 2 others before 2001. HE HAD A .480 OBP IN 2007 WHEN HE WAS OFF THE STUFF. the guy was so ridiculously good.

yes both are awful humans and pathological liars (clemens especially). sure, dont give them speeches or the fanfare. but bonds needs a plaque in cooperstown just like ty cobb has one.

Rome

Bonds was a HOF'er before he blew up.  That's indisputable.  Clemens is a POS Texan.  If he died tomorrow the world would be a better place.

I'm on record as being pro-cheat, btw.  Make roids or HGH mandatory.  More viewing pleasure for drunk Rome.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 11, 2014, 12:06:06 AM
Pretty much. I mean, I still wouldn't put Pettite in since he's a known juicer, but yeah, I at least appreciate the fact that he didn't try to convince the world that water isn't wet.

agreed...i wouldnt put pettite in either...just sayin

let me be clear too....i dont have a problem with anyone who feels like roid monkeys should be in...its not some crusade for me to keep them out and wouldnt ruin the hof if they got in....i just personally wouldnt vote for any of them

Rome

SD

Quote from: Rome on January 11, 2014, 09:33:33 AM
Should Rose be in?

Yes

I'd put him in before I put any of the roiders in.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on January 11, 2014, 10:42:26 AM
Quote from: Rome on January 11, 2014, 09:33:33 AM
Should Rose be in?

Yes

I'd put him in before I put any of the roiders in.

Me too. Rose didn't bet while he was playing, he bet while he was managing. I'm fine with a lifetime ban preventing him from working in MLB ever again, but his post playing career gambling should not keep him out of the HOF as a player.