NASCAR/Auto Racing Thread

Started by Rome, February 18, 2006, 08:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

so it went from the #2 market claim to it's a niche sport pretty quick. 
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

its a niche sport in every market, even charlotte.....do you know what the word niche means.

hockey is a niche sport, too. you either like it or you dont. there is no bandwagon aspect to nascar like there is pretty much every other sport.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

still nothing on that #2 market claim.

gotcha

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 23, 2015, 11:06:28 AM
its a niche sport in every market, even charlotte.....do you know what the word niche means.

hockey is a niche sport, too. you either like it or you dont. there is no bandwagon aspect to nascar like there is pretty much every other sport.

So untrue about hockey and an awful analogy. I know tons of casual hockey fans

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 23, 2015, 09:06:06 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 23, 2015, 08:14:30 AM
Quote from: SD on January 22, 2015, 07:09:39 PM
I've yet to meet one person in philly who watches nascar.

same here....but they call it pennsyltucky for a reason...you don't have to go too far out in the burbs before you start seeing dale jr car flags...and there is something called the pocono 500

Outside of Philly agreed...bunch of hicks who love that shtein. But philly peops whether they're in the city or in the burbs don't give two shteins about nascar. Never heard one conversation about nascar and have never gone to a sports bar and seen it on.

yeah its non existent in the city....but lil guy's world revolves around markets in general and specifically television so maybe he was talking about the philly "market" vs. the philadelphia the city
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

he'd still be wrong. the philly market is so low it's not mentioned in any ratings source for nascar even when the races are at pocono or dover.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i read a story years ago that said philly was the #2 market for nascar behind charlotte

thats my source material.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 23, 2015, 02:20:54 PM
Quote from: SD on January 23, 2015, 09:06:06 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 23, 2015, 08:14:30 AM
Quote from: SD on January 22, 2015, 07:09:39 PM
I've yet to meet one person in philly who watches nascar.

same here....but they call it pennsyltucky for a reason...you don't have to go too far out in the burbs before you start seeing dale jr car flags...and there is something called the pocono 500

Outside of Philly agreed...bunch of hicks who love that shtein. But philly peops whether they're in the city or in the burbs don't give two shteins about nascar. Never heard one conversation about nascar and have never gone to a sports bar and seen it on.

yeah its non existent in the city....but lil guy's world revolves around markets in general and specifically television so maybe he was talking about the philly "market" vs. the philadelphia the city

the philly market extends to the lv, into lancaster, central jerz and further south than white trash POS munson delaware. its pretty farging big.

philly the city i cant imagine its huge but there is no way to breakdown a market in that specificity.

Rome

Anyone taking 10 seconds to do a Google search would discover you're full of shtein as usual, Junior.

Philly isn't even in the top 20 of cities because people outside the deep south don't give a rat's ass about this retarded sport.  Hell, I live 5 minutes from the epicenter and even I don't give a farg.  I've gone in the past because I got free tickets and booze and it's fun to watch motherfargers doing 200 MPH crash, but anyone watching this shtein on television should be ritually sterilized.

QB Eagles

I was able to find a couple articles from the early 2000s.

One said Philly has the second highest NASCAR ratings among the top 20 markets, for the biggest five races.

Another said Philly had the highest ratings (but not largest raw numbers) in the top 7 markets.

So the info is old and the result of some carefully sliced and diced statistics. It's probably true that a higher percentage of Philly market people watch NASCAR than in Boston, Denver, or San Francisco, but it's still tiny compared to their core markets.

Rome

I forgot to mention the Rolex 24 is this weekend.  It's raining cats and dogs now but it's gonna clear out and then it's going to be in the 30s tonight.

The cars in this race are cool as hell and it's pretty much the opposite of rednecky crowds.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 24, 2015, 08:08:45 AM
I was able to find a couple articles from the early 2000s.

One said Philly has the second highest NASCAR ratings among the top 20 markets, for the biggest five races.

Another said Philly had the highest ratings (but not largest raw numbers) in the top 7 markets.

So the info is old and the result of some carefully sliced and diced statistics. It's probably true that a higher percentage of Philly market people watch NASCAR than in Boston, Denver, or San Francisco, but it's still tiny compared to their core markets.

nobody lives in their core markets

a 7 rating in philly is higher than a 20 rating in greensboro

BigEd76

IndyCar racer Justin Wilson died after getting nailed in the head by the nose cone of a wrecked car at Pocono yesterday

Rome