2018 Off Season Thread (First One As Super Bowl Champions)

Started by ice grillin you, February 28, 2018, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

strong start from howie....

"From our perspective, we have to find a way to get better. We have to improve our football team. We understand that nothing is given to us in 2018. If we say, 'Hey we're going to bring everything back and do everything the same,' we're going to get our ass kicked."

March 6   Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 12-14   Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

March 14   Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2018 on all players who have option clauses in their 2017 contracts.

March 14   Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 14   All clubs must be under the 2018 salary cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 14   All 2017 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 14   The 2018 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 14   Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

March 25-28   Annual League Meeting, Orlando, Florida.

April 2   Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2017 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 16   Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

April 20   Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.

April 26-28   2018 NFL Draft, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX.

May 4-7   Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 11-14   Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

July 16   At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one- year contract with his prior club for the 2018 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club's last regular season game.

Mid-July   Clubs are permitted to open preseason training camp for rookies and first-year players beginning seven days prior to the club's earliest permissible mandatory reporting date for Veteran players.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Information all in one location

:CF = best Eagles fan site ever
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

$10 million over the cap assuming the cap is set at the rumored $178 million

See ya Torrey Smith $5 million with no dead cap space see ya Celek $5 million with $1 million dead space. Celek should call it a career but he might come back for cheap. Vinny Curry had a nice year but he's not worth $11 million so peace out. I like Mack Hollins but I'm not convinced he can slide into Smiths spot. They can add a Veteran WR more effective and cheaper than Smith. Howie will need to work his Jew magic to restructure some deals. Last off-season we thought they wouldn't sign anyone because they were over and they went out and signed Blount/Jeffery/Smith/Wis/Warmack/Long/Robinson. They're in that Veterans will come here because they want a ring category so they might be able to retain or sign some players

General_Failure

Trey Burton's definitely gone. Someone's going to pay him, and he should take whatever money he can get.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on February 28, 2018, 08:10:30 PM
Can Celek long snap?

they have a great young long snapper who probably is better than dorenbus ever was and is from jersey....unless he out of nowhere gets the yips or something he should be an eagle for the next 12 years no questions asked

ice grillin you

freak athlete
philly's own
maryland wide receiver
dj moore
meeting with eagles tonight

he would be an amazing get...could be a great return man too

shorebird

I'm interested to see what happens at RB if/when Sproles comes back.

Sgt PSN

Blount was on a 1 year deal so if the birds don't bring him back or if he gets a better offer elsewhere, then you're looking at Ajayi/Clement/Sproles...which is still a nice looking backfield.

Sproles could probably be used primarily in the return game and Ajayi/Clement would handle the bulk of the offensive snaps. Throw Sproles out there maybe like 3-5 times a game hoping for 1 big play.

I'm not sure if Clement is actually ready/capable of handing a larger role, but it's hard to argue with his production so I'm fine with giving him a shot.

Sgt PSN

This of course assumes that they do bring Sproles back (I think he's a FA) and that they don't bring in other backs via FA or the draft.

shorebird

I kinda' figured the same deal with Blount although I'd love to have him back in an Eagles uni. Think Pederson might want that one power back for short yardage, which would mean Sproles or Celment would go.
Same here as for Clement. Don't see how they let a guy like that go for Sproles coming off an injury and being, 35 I think it is?

shorebird

He's an unrestricted free agent, they prob could get him for vet minimum, maybe.

Sgt PSN

Clement isn't going anywhere. He's on his rookie contract through the 2019 season.

Sproles is 33.

I'd also be fine with bringing Blount back but I'm not sure if he's cool with having a reduced role. Gotta assume that Ajayi will be the #1 back next year.