the brag about your sports memorabilia here thread

Started by Sgt PSN, October 24, 2009, 09:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

I had the same marks on my underwear this morning. What does it mean?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I have a program insert from Phillies spring training that Richie Ashburn & Harry Kalas both signed.  It's fading like a motherfarger now but it's still a hell of a piece of memorabilia for me.  I doubt anyone outside of Philly would give a shtein about either signature but I dig it.

Sgt PSN

that is pretty awesome. 

re:  the love couch - i don't think that couch has ever actually been shagged on.  it sat in a "formal" living room in my grand parents house that never got used and for as long as i've had it, it's mostly been in my office/den and rarely used.  it's a 40 year old virgin. 

Eagaholic

The only really cool thing I have is a bootleg NFL Films copy of an Eagles/Packers game I went to a few years ago. At one point some freak ran out onto the field, and with his hand was spreading this powdery shtein around. He went right by Favre with it.

Turns out it was his dead mother's ashes. They wouldn't show it on TV but I got a copy from the truck feed with the whole thing on it. Probably not more than 2 or 3 copies exist outside of the NFL film vault. The tape even comes in an official NFL Films box. God bless the dude that got me that, same guy that got me great SB 39 tix in JAX at face, with a bunch of other excellent free perks. I also got a couple of Eagles SB 39 World Champion tee shirts I bought for $5 each off a guy out the back of a truck after the game.

Munson

Quote from: Munson on October 25, 2009, 03:43:16 AM
ANd yes, as sarge mentioned, most of the good shtein is up at my dads and uncles. Autographed game worn spikes/jerseys, helmets, pictures with players autographed, etc. The vet turf is my favorite though, just because it's so damn thin. Players weren't lyin when they said it was like playin on a concrete with a piece of carpet put down on it.

I went up there tonight for hte game, I forgot all the shtein they have. I had my camera with me but it's been dropped way too many times leading to sporadic flashes so tons of dark and blurry pictures.

Bleachers in the room

Kelly green Eagles helmet chair

Chuck Bednarik

Seats from the Vet when they got when they were getting auctioned off

Vet turf, with an Eagle sprayed on it now

McNabb Game worn autographed

Flash kicked in here, that's a Dawk autographed ball

Randall autographed game worn jersey, and a randall autographed ball

Randall autographed picture

Herschel autographed picture

The lockers they've got set up at my Uncles

All the signed shtein and trinkets they've got in front of the 72 inch projection screen

At the Nova Care Complex

With Jamaal Jackson in the bubble

Autographed team picture of the 1993 offense

1993 defense team picture autographed by the D

Autographed Randall "Rocketman" poster

Here ya go Phreak

Did anyone else actually buy this phone?

Probably the only non-Eagles piece of memorabilia in the room

1980 Super Bowl preview mag

Reggie White game worn spikes signed by the team

Past

Present, autographed...I think the Reggie one is too but not sure

IGY's favorite WR

Lito program, Jaws miniball

This was on the wall from this year...they've had other players there but this is the first time they've had somebody sign the wall. Yes, it's the magic man himself.

Autographed Jaws

This was an accidental pic but turned out to be better than the one I tried to take of the couch

Behind the bar

Autographed game worn Keith Byars

Another accidental pic, but I liked the old school Eagles banner

Olllllllllllld school

Deck and tent outside

Some eagles glasses

The white helmet Don Ho was diggin, with some of the autographs...Willie T is on there somewhere, I'm pretty sure it's the entire from whatever year they got it signed

That was just the good shtein that I had time to get pictures of. There's tons of signed shtein on the walls that people just bring as gifts to add to the room..mostly players no one cares about, Michael Lewis, CBuck, LJ Smith, etc...guys like that. But even all the corny trinkets and shtein...if it's Eagles, they want it/will get it. Kind of an obsession.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I can hear your fwapping from here schnookems.

Oh yeah, IGY, these ones are for you cutie pie :-*

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

phillymic2000

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

i'll actually give that some props.  there's some nice pieces in there that would look good hanging in my study.  it still doesn't change the fact that munson is a moron but i'd probably hang out with his uncle.....on the dl.

MDS

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson