Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Train to Busan anybody?

If you're into Koreans+Zombies+Trains...then go watch it.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagles_Legendz

I'm mostly done with superhero movies but Black Panther was good.

ice grillin you

atomic blonde - some decent action scenes and charlize theron is good but the plot is horribly boring...also feel like this is the 17th time the movie has been made

4/10

the beguiled (2017) - the first two thirds are supposed to be about a building of sexual tension but its tension less and bland and the last third which is supposed to be pulpy makes zero sense and in incoherent

3/10

the beguiled (1971) - a tick better than the remake as it felt darker to me but man does it look dated especially after watching sofia coppolas which one redeeming quality being how photogenic it is....also in a movie that is largely about sexual tension the women in this thing are hideous

3.5/10

a united kindom - cookie cutter feel good movie about an amazinbg true story....nothing earth shattering and i felt the whole time watchit as if i had already seen it

6/10

jackie - holy crap was this boring and worthless...not sure who thought this would be a good idea for a movie much less the dozens of people who had to green light it...portman is excellent and perfectly shows thru facial expressions the horror of a woman who realizes shes about to lose her life...i guess i just didnt care enough or at all

4/10

mechanic ressurection - my god jessica alba is hot

1/10

swept away - basically cast away but madonna and some sexy italian guy get stranded on and island hate each other hump love each other...the suprising ending was the only sliver of light in otherwise one of the worst movies ive seen in a long time

0/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

I haven't seen a Sofia Coppola movie since Lost in Translation (which was excellent). Am I missing anything? Everything since then has looked like a mess to me.

ice grillin you

only one ive seen is somewhere which is good but nothing to talk about...i actually thought lost in translation was overrated

6.5/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Regarding Atomic Blonde, I liked it more than you, but you're right, it has been made before.  See "The Long Kiss Goodnight" with Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson.  It's ten times better. 

Zanshin

I finally saw Justice League last night. I'd heard it was flat out awful, then I heard that the awfulness was overblown...so I wasn't sure what to expect. But I have to say, it was mind-numbingly, inexplicably bad and not in that "so bad, it's good" way that some movies reach. Just bad. I have no idea how they managed to screw up something that should have been, no pun intended, bulletproof. At the very least, it should have been entertaining. It was just a complete waste of time.

SD

Took the daughter to see Ready Player One. It's part Running Man, part Willy Wonka, part Matrix, part Big Hero 6. Stunning visuals and lots of 80's pop culture. If you've ever been a gamer you'll appreciate the film and the message. Definitely one of the nerdiest movies ever made.

smeags

Quote from: Zanshin on March 26, 2018, 03:17:37 PM
I finally saw Justice League last night. I'd heard it was flat out awful, then I heard that the awfulness was overblown...so I wasn't sure what to expect. But I have to say, it was mind-numbingly, inexplicably bad and not in that "so bad, it's good" way that some movies reach. Just bad. I have no idea how they managed to screw up something that should have been, no pun intended, bulletproof. At the very least, it should have been entertaining. It was just a complete waste of time.

wonder woman is the only saving grace in that franchise.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

DC in general is freaking horrible. 

QB Eagles

It probably would have been crap anyway, but switching directors in post between two guys with extremely different styles usually doesn't yield a good movie.

SD

Paterno- blah. They did a good job portraying Paterno's attitude during the ordeal but the rest was just boring.

Veronica on Netflix - kept hearing how scarey this film is, watched it drunk by myself last night, it wasn't scarey

Rome

The reporter chick is Elvis's granddaughter.  I couldn't place the woman who played his daughter.  The rest was boring and gross.  They are all awful people.

SD

Infinity War -Just when you think the comic book movie shtein is getting old Marvel puts out Infinity War. Damn it was good. The ending was incredible.

Justice League - horrible. The Flash was corny in a bad way. What was the point of Aquaman. Rest of the movie was forgettable.

Shape of Water - well made movie. Odd but kept my interest

The Darkest Hour - movie was good, Oldman was amazing

The Post - good movie until the end when Merryl Streep's character walks out from the courthouse and it starts raining vaginas

The Ritual - Blair Witch type horror flick. Simple but smart movie.

It Follows - great concept for a teen horror flick, feels like they missed the mark

Coco - Disney Pixar knocks it out of the park again. Great representation of Mexican culture

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on April 27, 2018, 10:49:10 PM
Infinity War -Just when you think the comic book movie shtein is getting old Marvel puts out Infinity War. Damn it was good. The ending was incredible.

def got this one right.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it