Week 4 - Packers: Not Great, Bob

Started by MDS, September 22, 2019, 06:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

i dont think this is a horrible matchup for them SU. rodgers is not 2015 rodgers. they run the ball a lot and if theres one thing the eagles can do its stop the run. alshon back, go-dirt more or less back, will be able to move the football and score points.

if they can get out of their own way they will be right in the game. huge if.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

GB also jumps out to leads and then has to hang tight. Eagles start slow and then come back. This is a winnable game for sure.

Rodgers and LaFleur ain't on the same page yet. I feel better than Darby is out and Sid and Rasul can play together the entire game. I just wish Schwartz would let them go man press at the line

SD

Alshon being back is huge. Gonna stick to what I said in the Lions thread, they cut down on the stupidity they can win this game. They continue with the stupidity and they'll lose by double digits

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on September 26, 2019, 07:47:03 AM
Alshon being back is huge. Gonna stick to what I said in the Lions thread, they cut down on the stupidity they can win this game. They continue with the stupidity and they'll lose by double digits

i dont know if alshon can get open against the pack secondary

to win this game they a monster mvp type performance from wentz...in other words they need a week 3 preseason sam bradford type game from him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

I forgot about that game.  I was pretty hyped for the sammy sleeves era after that preseason game.

QB Eagles

I think the Eagles have never beaten Rodgers, so there's no reason to feel great about this game. That said, TNF is always bad football and anyone can win a slopfest.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2019, 10:53:03 AM

to win this game they a monster mvp type performance from wentz...in other words they need a week 3 preseason sam bradford type game from him

Alshon doesn't need to get open to be effective

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on September 26, 2019, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2019, 10:53:03 AM

Alshon doesn't need to get open to be effective

thats why wentz has to have an other worldy game for them to win...no one is going to be open and the packers put the most pressure on the qb in the nfl...pack DL is dominant and the eagles cant run anyway...on defense it looks like a great matchup for the pack...just dont see how the eagles score much tonight

the big question that goes towards whether the eagles can win or not is does green bays offense get going against a horrid eagles secondary and pass rush...the packers offense has been terrible...if you take out miami and jets who are other worldy bad the packers are third worst in yards per play in the nfl....if they continue to struggle then this can stay close and maybe wentz pulls out a late win...i lay kind of in the middle...i think GB shuts down the eagles and their offense gets going but doesnt go off

wild card in all this is the thursday night game slopfest factor...could be that both teams are unwatchably horrible like most of these games and its a coin flip game...but even in that scenario you gotta favor the home team

pack 27 birds 13
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

I have not seen one packer game yet this year so very interested in seeing the defense especially this front seven.  Other than Kenny Clarke who was a #1 pick a few years ago, looks like a well put together unit assembled with mid round picks and some nice FA.  No name really stands out except Preston Smith who they obtained in FA from Washington.

Their secondary is loaded.  Three #1 picks.  Take note Howie.

I always find interesting to see how teams were constructed, yes they're all basically built the same way and it's all hit or miss but the Packers sure did it right. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Bah.  Who cares.

Green Bay Too Much
Eagles Not Enough

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on September 26, 2019, 04:15:48 PM
I have not seen one packer game yet this year so very interested in seeing the defense especially this front seven.  Other than Kenny Clarke who was a #1 pick a few years ago, looks like a well put together unit assembled with mid round picks and some nice FA.  No name really stands out except Preston Smith who they obtained in FA from Washington.

Their secondary is loaded.  Three #1 picks.  Take note Howie.

I always find interesting to see how teams were constructed, yes they're all basically built the same way and it's all hit or miss but the Packers sure did it right. 

Their defense has looked very strong, although it was against three terrible QBs.

Their offense has looked somewhat like the Eagles offense.

PhillyPhreak54

Having Goedert will help too obv

Must win game. Get it done

Diomedes

I look forward to kvetching with you all here in a few short hours.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger