Started by Diomedes, June 10, 2007, 09:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Tomahawk

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 13, 2018, 09:45:08 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on April 13, 2018, 01:18:13 PM
If karma is a thing

It's clearly not.

I'm pretty sure the Eagles won the Super Bowl because karma recognized the inherent goodness in their fans

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on April 13, 2018, 11:33:16 AM
She's trying to shoehorn you into a relationship. Peace out.

I'll bet you can still keep the sex going for a while by not acknowledging her little ultimatum. Play it off, don't contact her, she'll either contact you at some point because you were willing to walk away (most likely scenario), or she'll move onto some other guy. If she's sleeping with you with no strings attached it tells you everything to know about the guys she bangs. Don't forget: Summers coming.

you cant say peace out then type a million characters.....just sayin

Tomahawk

Exactly..why get married if you're not going to consummate

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on April 13, 2018, 11:29:45 PM
Exactly..why get married if you're not going to consummate

is there any other reason?

Tomahawk

Surely not love; that's why you have buddies

ice grillin you

Tomahawk

In the long run, you'd probably be better off not paying taxes than getting married for the tax break

ice grillin you

are you being funny or is that true?

Tomahawk

Both? I do believe if you're getting married just for a tax break, you probably shouldn't get married.

I've long said marriage is for suckers, but that's because why do you need a piece of paper to justify your love for each other, why succumb to societal pressures of how your mutual love should be recognized, and if the Church wants to claim marriage as their thing, then they can farging have it.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

T-Hawk, that piece of paper confers a raft of rights and privelages that are enshrined in law and the norms of society.  Decline to fill out that one stupid piece of paper and you effectiively elect to be second class citizens, basically you're just a gay couple before they could marry.  You can't put your significant other on your health care without her benefits being considered a taxable compensation to you.  You can be forced to testify against one another.  You have no hospital visitation rights, etc. 

I had no interest in marriage.  Didn't even propose.  My wife told me we were getting married and so we got married.  Having that legal status has served us both well for entirely mundane, bureaucratic reasons that unfortunately matter a lot in every day life.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

She can pay her own damn insurance
Are you planning on committing a crime together?
The "hospital visitation" rights is 100% wrong.

Marriage is in a sharp and steady decline, has been for a long time. Men are tired of signing a contract to give half their shtein away if the coin flip lands on heads. T Hawk is 100% right. If you're married you are doing the churches and societies bidding. Marriage is a contract, nothing more.

Diomedes

Exactly, it's a contract.   In a land of laws, it's good to have contracts.   

I find it's working out fine.

You want to tell me it's not?