Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

93 is not bad at all.  Did you get those Wilson clubs?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Yeah, they're working pretty good. I broke the driver and had to replace it, but that wasn't the club's fault. I was sweating at the driving range one day and the club slipped in the middle of my swing and I drove it right into the ground :-D

But it worked out, because instead of paying $85 to get it reshafted, I got a new (but 2 year old model) TaylorMade driver that has been awesome for $99.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

$99 is a descent price for a Taylor Made driver.  Some of the drivers out now are just ridiculous.  See if you can find a shop that will let you borrow clubs.  We had one here (appropriately called "Aloha Golf Shop") that we used to go to all the time.  I ended up buying my Tommy Armour 845's from them so they always let me test clubs. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Steve Williams is a good caddy.

rjs246

Anyone else weirded out by the fact that someone named Adam Scott stars on Parks and Rec and someone named Adam Scott is winning golf tournaments?

Because I'm weirded out. Get a new name, asses.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 07, 2011, 06:08:57 PM
Steve Williams is a good caddy.

Called yesterday the greatest day of his life.  Hey there Tiger.

reese125

Really....cause I would've thought Tiger making him over $10 million would've been better.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on August 08, 2011, 10:49:48 PM
Anyone else weirded out by the fact that someone named Adam Scott stars on Parks and Rec and someone named Adam Scott is winning golf tournaments?

Because I'm weirded out. Get a new name, asses.

Next thing you know, there will be a Ginger taking snaps for the Titans.
Quote from: reese125 on August 09, 2011, 06:51:44 AM
Really....cause I would've thought Tiger making him over $10 million would've been better.

Yes, but no ONE of those wins was that big of a deal.  :paranoid

DH

i played in my first tourney this past monday - we played best ball, which i had never heard of, but i really liked. the rains came so we had to stop after 10, but it was a lot of fun

Sgt PSN

Damn...you just started playing like 2 months ago, right?  And already hitting up tourneys? 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Tiger Woods played in a tourney today. Laughably, but he played.

DH

it was our annual west point client outing - i golfed with 2 guys i work with and the former chief of staff here (Ret. COL) so it wasnt competitive at all - at least not between us 4. most of the day, the COL was giving me free lessons.

Sgt PSN

There are 2 types of Col's out there.  The ones who are good at golf and the ones who are trying to make General.   

DH

Sgt PSN

So how'd the best ball thing go anyway?  I've heard of them, but never played.  Not even sure about the rules, although they seem pretty self explanatory.