Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

i'm going to the open on saturday. pro tourneys are fun as hell as long as the weather is nice.

Don Ho

That first set and the last set are good.  The last set, Maxfli, is sweet.  You want the oversized driver and the hybrid woods.  The putter is a little funky.  Back to what Sarge said about knowing your local pro, the past few business related golf tournaments have been held at courses where I knew someone at the pro shop and both times they let me borrow the late and greatest oversized drivers.  Holy crap!  They were amazing.  I forgot the last one I used but I used a TaylorMade oversized driver a few months ago and it was amazing.  The club did all the work.  I'm sure it was at least a $300 club.  Thing was frightening.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

shot a 97 today that could have easily been a 90.  so i broke 100 which is my goal right now, but it sucks that two holes (a 9 and a 10) blew me up from a much better score
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Quote from: Don Ho on June 19, 2011, 02:50:09 AM
That first set and the last set are good.  The last set, Maxfli, is sweet.  You want the oversized driver and the hybrid woods.  The putter is a little funky.  Back to what Sarge said about knowing your local pro, the past few business related golf tournaments have been held at courses where I knew someone at the pro shop and both times they let me borrow the late and greatest oversized drivers.  Holy crap!  They were amazing.  I forgot the last one I used but I used a TaylorMade oversized driver a few months ago and it was amazing.  The club did all the work.  I'm sure it was at least a $300 club.  Thing was frightening.

thanks don, that last set was the one i was leaning towards
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on June 19, 2011, 08:07:14 PM
shot a 97 today that could have easily been a 90.  so i broke 100 which is my goal right now, but it sucks that two holes (a 9 and a 10) blew me up from a much better score

A 97 with both a 9 and a 10 ain't bad. Also, mad props to you for actually counting that high. I love when guys stop counting after 7 or 8 and then brag about their scores. Yes, for handicapping purposes, the score you report might be different than what you actually shot, but if you got a farging 12, you got a farging 12.

SunMo

yeah, i was by myself, but what the farg good does it do to not count them all.  i want to find out how good or bad i am.

Rome

I don't even bother keeping score anymore.  I know I'm a zesty golfer and I'll never in my life break 80 again.  So farg it.

paco

I shot an 86 with 9 miller lites pumping through my veins.  Ive been putting and chipping really well all year, but this weekend I was driving really, really well.  I only missed 3 fairways and it wasnt by much.

Of course this was a local municipal course where I go Driver-3 wood-Lob wedge on the par 5's, so BFD.  This weekend Im playing at Center Valley which should be a good test to where my game is this year.

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 20, 2011, 09:56:52 AM
A 97 with both a 9 and a 10 ain't bad. Also, mad props to you for actually counting that high. I love when guys stop counting after 7 or 8 and then brag about their scores. Yes, for handicapping purposes, the score you report might be different than what you actually shot, but if you got a farging 12, you got a farging 12.
Ive never seen you do the "double par" rule.  Im guilty of that, but then again, I never brag about my score on those days either
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

DH

Ive re-read the last few pages of this thread and now I actually understand most of what you guys are talking about. Now if I can only hit the damn thing straight, I'd be golden..

Don Ho

Quote from: SunMo on June 19, 2011, 08:07:14 PM

That is pretty damn good considering a 9 and a 10 on two holes. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

The double par thing works really well.  There's nothing worse than following behind iceholes who (1) don't understand the concept of allowing others to play through, and (2) not knowing when to pick up the goddamn thing and move on to the next hole.

charlie

Yeah, if there's no one behind us we play until we sink them.. but otherwise we'll just set a 4+ par max. We're all average golfers that have equal chances of shooting par on a whole, to completely collapsing and never sinking it.

SunMo

i was by myself and there was nobody behind me, thus why i allowed the 9 and the 10.

and every group i came up on was more than gracious in allowing me to hit up with them and then go on my way.