Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 16, 2015, 09:43:20 PM
Perhaps I'll blow my vuvuzela instead ok?

Is that the guy you met in Peru?

PhillyPhreak54

haha

Shut your face! FIGHT ME NOW

smeags

Quote from: Rome on January 16, 2015, 07:09:54 PM
Quote from: hbionic on January 16, 2015, 06:17:59 PM
Depending on the budgee, and how many of you funholes decide to go...I may consider a trip to Philly for this. You need a loud Mexican to balance things out anyway...and to make fun of that god awful chant.

We'll need a designated driver, a caddy for a golf outing, etc.

You're up, kid.

mind not ruining the soccer thread by bringing up golf ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Don Ho

Watched the Everton/West Brom game this morning.  Maralis is a real gem.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/391905.html
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

fox just got the world cup in 2026. fifa just gave it to them. no bidding. nothing. why?

2022 is going to be in the winter, and this is their hush money.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Who watches international matches in English if they can help it? Can't imagine how boring having American announcers calling a match.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Quote from: hbionic on February 12, 2015, 01:15:50 PM
Who watches international matches in English if they can help it? Can't imagine how boring having American announcers calling a match.

Ian Darke is the best PBP announcer on the planet regardless of sport. 

He's English, however.  JP DellaCamera literally makes my ears bleed.

hbionic

Martin Tyler is not too shabby either. I like them both. But yes, it's why I deliberately said American announcers.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

interesting proposal for what to do about the 2022 cup

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/03/10/can-anyone-stop-the-world-cup-in-qatar-fifa/?utm_content=bufferb84f4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

i would like to see all the federations just leave fifa and start their own one....i dont see what's stopping them from doing that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

What's stopping them is the billions of dollars worth of television contracts and media deals that have already been negotiated with FIFA for the access rights.

MDS

the federations' allegiance to fifa is a different entity

fifa is a monopoly....there are no other governing bodies of world football. fifa is it. what im saying is the individual federations give fifa the finger, start their own JAWN, and hold their own world cup. they couldnt call it the world cup, thats copyrighted, but who cares.

or, since that would be super complicated, the top federations simply send their B teams to qatar and hold a tournament in the US/UK over the summer.

Rome

smeags

so are any of you divas going to the gold cup final ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

fifa....whats up

PhillyPhreak54

Sepp Blatter gonna get got too?