Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Baltimore/DC area has a serious chance, I think. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Havas will be fired up and at the games with a vuvuzela

Rome

It's absurd that the United States isn't hosting the 2022 World Cup, period.  South Africa, Russia & Qatar get it but the U.S. is out of luck especially considering the amount of money our corporations pay those iceholes from FIFA?

Diomedes

Can you really blame people for not wanting to hang out in America?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Qatar is basically Hell and we have Asheville.

USA!

Diomedes

Okay, so most of the time you spend bitching about idiot America...but now you're offended that people agree it's awful.

hbionic

I want the World Cup in a non-US country. It looks more fun that way.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

You pretty much have to be a corrupt authoritarian state to win a World Cup bid these days. The events are financial losers for everyone in the country who doesn't own a hotel, and the committees that make the decisions are transparently seeking bribes, so the smartest, least corrupt democracies have largely given up trying to win that crap. It's a badge of honor that the USA lost its bid for 2022.

I have no doubts that the matches will take place in Qatar as chosen.

MDS

oh qatar is happening....its going to be a disaster and people will die of heat stroke but its happening. $epp and his cronies got their checks and its ON

i doubt an australian one will ever happen. there is no feasible time to start the matches to accommodate european tv. an australian wc would be great for the usa (many matches in primetime or late night), but awful for europe. aint gonna happen.

2026 or 2030 will be in the usa. really, if fifa didnt take bribes and just wanted "legal" money, every world cup would be in the usa. no other country on earth has 1000000 state of the art already-built stadiums with suites and expensive seating and what not. basically every time a world cup isnt here, fifa is throwing money away they already earned in their backroom bribes. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 14, 2014, 06:34:10 PM
Havas will be fired up and at the games with a vuvuzela

the balt/dc area works on soooo many levels.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on July 14, 2014, 09:07:45 PM
Okay, so most of the time you spend bitching about idiot America...but now you're offended that people agree it's awful.

Who said I was offended?  America is mostly an awful place but that doesn't mean I don't want the World Cup contested here.

Oh and this...

Asheville > Qatar.

hbionic

I'm actually hoping for a Qatar world cup so that they're stuck with those stadiums for nothing...as well as low attendance, including maybe a protest or two from participating countries.

Hoping.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

yeah, farg Qatar
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

i just recently found out that it's pronounced cutter and not katar

PhillyPhreak54

I found out three seconds ago when I read that.

Qa-who cares tho amirite?!

Will they need water breaks every ten minutes there since it'll be farging hotter than hell?