Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Oh and I hate that idiotic Heineken commercial they insist on playing every five seconds.  Jesus...

hbionic

He's a bitch.

But I agree with MDS. Even the Spanish announcer said at the beginning of the match that the refs wanted to be the protagonists. Idiot refs. Still, zesty defending.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

i will trade in all the frog victories for that bitch messi to eat one tonight vs. bosnia

go spawn of a brutal civil war. go.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Argentina not impressing so far. They look very beatable. Bosnia is a stronger team than they are showing.

MDS

go on the record for your usa prediction

me:
- if they beat ghana they go through, if they dont they are done
- they will beat ghana
- they will lose to belgium and its waffles in the round of 16
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

They will beat Ghana, lose the other two matches, and not go through.

Although I would say the odds of not winning a single match are rather high, too. The group is nasty. People say that Group B is tougher, and it's true that the top three teams in that group are better, but they have a cupcake team (Australia) and the closest thing Group G has is a much better than Australia Ghana team that regularly beats the US in the World Cup. For the US, this group was one of the worst draws imaginable.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Pretty much have to root against Ronaldo here. Right? So... go Germany?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Who else is psyched for the World Cup game tonight? I have a huge dilemma, what if the US and Italy play each other...who should I root for?

USA USA USA USA

MDS

why on earth would you root for italy?

100 years ago people who you were related to supposedly lived there. go soccer team go.

hbionic

I needed to see portugals play. If the U.S. shows they play better as a unit, the. It will be Germany and U.S. through to the next round.

My prediction is 3-1 win for U.S. today in convincing fashion.

hbionic

Is it 3pm pacific yet? I can't farging wait. They're going to kick ass.

U.S.A! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

smeags

Quote from: SD on June 16, 2014, 12:20:38 PM
Who else is psyched for the World Cup game tonight? I have a huge dilemma, what if the US and Italy play each other...who should I root for?

USA USA USA USA

the team that wins.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

I don't think the U.S. will win tonight, or frankly at all, and they will not go through.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

IGY wishes he was part of this. How you're not be rooting for the U.S. right now in a major sporting event is weird.  I still don't see how you talk so much smack yet sit with Argentinians for the 'atmosphere' of it all.

You're the Eric Snowden of soccer.

Still, I'll keep a seat warm for you when you're ready to come aboard.