Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 14, 2014, 09:14:26 PMwhy do you think I despise this whole thing

To get attention and stir argument, be contrary, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

theres no argument to be gotten...white people which this board is filled with love soccer....as does the majority of the non urban white populace does

but I do love how because im the only person on CF who hates soccer means im contrarian...this board is definitely the pulse of the nation
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

1. roughly 60% of the country doesnt care about soccer...no idea how that breaks along racial lines, but evidence suggests its more popular among minorities than whites

2. you hating soccer isnt contrarian. you can hate it. no one cares. you trolling everyone about your hate is different.

3. there is a difference between someone whose great grandma lived in italy rooting for the italian soccer team and people getting behind the usa squad. a big difference. one is fake, forced attention seeking white person nonsense. the other is a natural support of ones country.

4. many people, such as myself, are not into soccer but greatly enjoy the world cup because of how great an event it is. be happy. enjoy life. its short. soak it in.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Number four is why I dig it

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 14, 2014, 10:23:06 PM
but I do love how because im the only person on CF who hates soccer means im contrarian...this board is definitely the pulse of the nation

How many times have you hate-farged a deflated soccer ball?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on June 14, 2014, 10:34:36 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 14, 2014, 10:23:06 PM

How many times have you hate-farged a deflated soccer ball?

only the black parts

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2014, 10:33:05 PM

yup. it could be the world cup of water polo and id be IN. the event and its scope...everyone in the world going crazy...cracking jokes about other countries...its terrific. nevermind that soccer isnt a good sport, the event trumps it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

And being in a soccer crazed country when it's happening is unreal

Last WC I was in Lima for a bit and even though Peru has a shtein team and never qualifies the streets were pretty empty and everyone was packed into houses or bars watching. And the people on the streets had it on radios. Insane and awesome environment

SD

Quote from: MDS on June 14, 2014, 10:32:17 PM
1. roughly 60% of the country doesnt care about soccer...no idea how that breaks along racial lines, but evidence suggests its more popular among minorities than whites

2. you hating soccer isnt contrarian. you can hate it. no one cares. you trolling everyone about your hate is different.

3. there is a difference between someone whose great grandma lived in italy rooting for the italian soccer team and people getting behind the usa squad. a big difference. one is fake, forced attention seeking white person nonsense. the other is a natural support of ones country.

4. many people, such as myself, are not into soccer but greatly enjoy the world cup because of how great an event it is. be happy. enjoy life. its short. soak it in.

This is spot on...bravo.

ice grillin you

four times so far a team has lost after scoring first....last world cup this happened three times the entire tourney

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2014, 10:33:05 PM

you "dig it" cause you are whiter than rice

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

lol...you cant type "dig it" and not be really white and a huge soccer fan

btw a friend of mine went to the ivory coast embassy tonight for their game and got "free beer free food and an electric atmosphere"