Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 12, 2014, 06:05:43 PM

I did not know that...interesting.

How is their spanish different?

well it's still spanish, same words and all (mostly) but it's closer to castilian/european spanish where they say grathias insetad of gracias and barthelona and other things that make them sound super gay.

hbionic

It's a joke that work is still being conducted at stadiums, traffic horrible, and many other rumblings that I've heard. Brazil opted to have 12 stadiums versus the 8 that FIFA likes...yet they still don't have their shtein straight.

At least the protests haven't done any serious damage, but I'm sure that will turn to rioting if Brazil bows out prior to the final.

I'm hoping they do just to see what happens.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Quote from: phattymatty on June 12, 2014, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 12, 2014, 06:05:43 PM

I did not know that...interesting.

How is their spanish different?

well it's still spanish, same words and all (mostly) but it's closer to castilian/european spanish where they say grathias insetad of gracias and barthelona and other things that make them sound super gay.

Yeah, it's basically if IGY was his own country, he'd be Argentina.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: hbionic on June 12, 2014, 06:11:58 PM
They think they speak more 'refined'.

Trust me Phreak...as one of the Latinos on this board (GF being one of the others), it's like Irish v. Italians, U.S.S.R. v U.S.A., ALL OF LATIN AMERICA vs. Argentina.

It's how it has always been, and how it will always be.

farg'em.

I just texted my ex down in Lima and asked her for her thoughts

"farg Argentina" was the response

Lolol

QB Eagles

I can't wait to see the Manaus game on Sunday. As of a couple days ago, that field looked like complete shtein. Could be all dirt by the time the US plays on there. I hope it is, too. Might as well make it a total shteinshow.

Rome

There was some fairly nasty skirmishes with protesters today but ESPN wasn't having any of it.  It's all beaches and broads for them.

I was naively hopeful that the matches in this tournament would be fair and played without any sort of hideous bullshtein, but sure enough the first match turned out to be a total embarrassment.   Whatever, though. 

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 12, 2014, 06:25:15 PM

Trust me Phreak...as one of the Latinos on this board (GF being one of the others), it's like Irish v. Italians, U.S.S.R. v U.S.A., ALL OF LATIN AMERICA vs. Argentina.

farg'em.

Lolol

You mean she didn't reply, "STFU Rome?"

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on June 12, 2014, 06:34:49 PM
There was some fairly nasty skirmishes with protesters today but ESPN wasn't having any of it.  It's all beaches and broads for them.

I was naively hopeful that the matches in this tournament would be fair and played without any sort of hideous bullshtein, but sure enough the first match turned out to be a total embarrassment.   Whatever, though.

This is the instruction given to the refs: "SAVE BRAZIL AT ALL COSTS!"

hbionic

Two things to take from the match:

1. BRAZIL- Beatable

2. CROATIA- Doesn't have enough to get it done.

*Olic was in his own world playing out there.

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on June 12, 2014, 06:37:40 PMThis is the instruction given to the refs: "SAVE BRAZIL AT ALL COSTS!"

I don't think they have to be told. They aren't looking to get shot.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on June 12, 2014, 06:35:47 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 12, 2014, 06:25:15 PM

farg'em.

Lolol

You mean she didn't reply, "STFU Rome?"

Lol nope...the only Rome she knows it Italy and Tony Roma's

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 12, 2014, 06:27:33 PM
I can't wait to see the Manaus game on Sunday. As of a couple days ago, that field looked like complete shtein. Could be all dirt by the time the US plays on there. I hope it is, too. Might as well make it a total shteinshow.

ronaldo's vagina starting bleeding again today....whatever needs to happen for us to get a result vs. portugal needs to go down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

i just read through this and realized the argentina convo started bc of havas. doesn't make sense that you would root for the most racist country in the world. pick another country. any country.

MDS

wouldnt he root for ghana?

owns the us? check
nickname is black stars? check
not a white person to be found in the country? check

thats his shtein
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on June 13, 2014, 02:07:34 AM
i just read through this and realized the argentina convo started bc of havas. doesn't make sense that you would root for the most racist country in the world. pick another country. any country.

i root for everyone but america

there is nothing worse than the world cup in the united states and i want them out of it as quickly as possible....it will still be miserable for the better part of a month....but America making some sort of run in the tournament would be beyond awful

racists >>>>>>> american soccer culture
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous