Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

very entertaining start....croatia scores first but brazil has been on them since then. only a matter of time.

word up toni kukoc
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: phattymatty on June 12, 2014, 03:14:07 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 12, 2014, 02:43:34 PM
Why the Argentina hate?

Great beef
Hot women
Good beer

Come on man!

hbionic is right...if argentina could move their entire country to the snobbiest part of western europe they would. shtein they even speak their spanish different than any other spanish speaking country in south and central america.

everyone hates them.
There is a reason all the nazi's went there.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

Quote from: phattymatty on June 12, 2014, 11:49:04 AM
i gotta root for the Ticos even though they have no shot.

well nevermind that idea, thought it would be fun to root for the nica rivals but it appears i will literally be stabbed if i root for costa rica.

this place is going to be a shteinshow for the next week...already hear the fireworks going off for the first goals of the cup.

Rome

Hand jobs for every goal scored!

Rome

Brazil really should be better at diving than they are considering how frequently they flop to the ground.

hbionic

FIFA refs with their first controversial call
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

utter nonsense of a call....this sport is so silly having 1 guy try to police 22. its insane and leads to ridiculous calls like that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

yeah that was straight garbage.

hbionic

Pletikosa has probably the worst reaction. His feet don't move. Two blockable goals (#1 & #3)

hbionic

Notice how most of the Brazilian fans in the stands are white skinned versus black skinned. Maybe the blacks are in the upper stands.

hbionic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on June 12, 2014, 03:14:07 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 12, 2014, 02:43:34 PM
Why the Argentina hate?

Great beef
Hot women
Good beer

Come on man!

hbionic is right...if argentina could move their entire country to the snobbiest part of western europe they would. shtein they even speak their spanish different than any other spanish speaking country in south and central america.

everyone hates them.

I did not know that...interesting.

How is their spanish different?

hbionic

They think they speak more 'refined'.

Trust me Phreak...as one of the Latinos on this board (GF being one of the others), it's like Irish v. Italians, U.S.S.R. v U.S.A., ALL OF LATIN AMERICA vs. Argentina.

It's how it has always been, and how it will always be.

farg'em.

Rome

Laughable dive but it paid off just like you'd expect it to.  Also, the Croatian guy at midfield got absolutely mugged on the third goal (which was a joke in itself) but no call.

QB Eagles

Basically remove the soft goals and the terrible call and it's 1-0 Croatia. Brazil will need to step it up if they want to avoid some of those $400 million stadiums being burned down.