Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

olympic hockey its fair to say has eons of fake fans....the team is put together 2 seconds before it starts and then all of a sudden everyone loves hockey and tj oshie. its really fake.

soccer, as usual, king havas is way off on. the world cup isnt a spur of the moment thing, the team isnt put together on a whim and many people arent into it only for 1 month every 4 years (though of course they were folks like that...like they were thousands of folks at the phillies parade in 2008 that only started watching in the playoffs). the usmnt has legit fans. its a real thing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 08, 2014, 01:58:01 PM
If there was a way for me to bribe Havas' cable company tech to force all devices in his house, office and car to broadcast nothing but the World Cup I'd be IN

as long as all it shows is the us losing them IM all in

Quote from: MDS on June 08, 2014, 03:06:52 PM
the usmnt has legit fans. its a real thing.

lol...no

hipster white brah's are the best
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Anti-American! Renounce your citizenship!

ice grillin you

berghdal havas

PhillyPhreak54

I'll trade five hipsters to get the real Havas back

Rome

I met a lot of fans that were closer to my age.  Yes, there was the usual hipster brigade in attendance but no more than you'd find in the Wach Lot on Sundays.  I'm not saying anyone should give it a chance, especially here, because it's a lost cause but I had a great time and I'm 25 years past my hipster expiration date.

The suggestion that there aren't real fans there is pretty insulting, though.  But what would I know... I was only in attendance.  It wasn't like I formed my opinion by not watching the game, not attending the game, not understanding the game or using the worst sort of stereotyping possible to form it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 08, 2014, 05:56:23 PM
I'll trade five hipsters to get the real Havas back

lol

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 08, 2014, 05:07:12 PM
lol...no

hipster white brah's are the best

more nonsense hyperbole

if the only people who liked soccer were "hipster white brah's" then they would never get 50k in ugly ass jacksonville to watch a meaningless warm up game against nigeria. all different kinds of people enjoy soccer. white, black, brown, rich, poor, north, south, east, west.

just like any other game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Mostly brown, though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

That Segment was unbelievable.  I saw the Realsports one on FIFA/Olympic waste.  Also LOL at Judge Philly Phanatic
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

the lil guy is always railing on the ncaa and how the players are slaves....meanwhile his favorite sport has actual slaves in qatar right now

MDS

yea fifa is corrupt...it makes the ncaa look like the salvation army

and blee dat i wont be paying attention to a 2022 world cup in qatar. i didnt pay attention to the latest olympics in sochi, either.

MDS

http://screamer.deadspin.com/can-you-guess-which-country-americans-picked-to-win-the-1589001300/+samer

really cool pool on who people are rooting for in the world cup

if you want to know why i like usa soccer....the answer is in the second graph with all the usa hate. sticking up the world's ass and being good at this pos sport is a dream. look at all the usa hate, and all for a mediocre team that likely wont even go through.

ice grillin you

look at the usa soccer fanbase and youll see why the hate

you think washington or dallas fans are bad....

usa soccer fans both the base and the wagoneers are stomach turning