Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

germany and portugal. ouch.

Rome

Germany, Portugal, Ghana and the US.

GROUP OF DEATH.

MDS

its not that bad, bitches

its not as good as say argentina's group, but usa can easily get through. and really if they want to compete at a high level they need to be able to beat good european teams and not choke against a team from 3rd world africa
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Germany is arguably the best team on the planet, Portugal has the best player in the world and Ghana knocked them out in 2010.

Easy peasy.

ice grillin you

the us cant go out early enough

nothing is better than watching all the hipsters switch to another country after the us gets knocked out of the world cup

last world cup me and wifey went to this portageese restaurant to watch them play a game....might have to make a return to root them on against the us...FORCA portugal!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Agreed historically Germany is up there...but they seem to shoot themselves in the foot lately in World Cup play. Portugal tends to disappear...I am talking about the knock-out stages...but the U.S. has just as good a chance as Germany, Portugal, and Ghana to advance. The benefit of this is that Portugal and German open against each other. A German win puts pressure on Portugal. Ghana is no push-over, but U.S. should have incentive enough to beat them and can definitely hang with Germany and Portugal.

I say Germany and U.S. out of this group. Portugal is hating it more than the U.S. Portugal can easily lose all three matches.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

beat ghana, draw vs. portugal, beat uninterested german team that is already through

the plan
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Look for an interesting game against ze germans...maybe Klinsman will try to one up the motherland for passing him up for coaching opportunities.

I think the U.S. will surprise many. 

Rome

If you mean go winless then yes.

They're farged.

smeags

That is a tough pool but whatever. Just take of the first game and put the team in a good position.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

A win and two draws gets them in.

I just don't see how they're going to tie Portugal much less not get destroyed by the Krauts.

I'll probably be in Philly for the matches, btw.  Was there at McGillins in 2010 and it was phenomenal, especially when Dempsey scored against Algeria.

hbionic

Portugal and Germany have been sucking lately in World Competitions. They didn't impress in the Euro Cup, and even though this is the biggest stage, the U.S. isn't exactly the same pushover it is used to being.

I say U.S. wins 2, with a roll of the dice on Germany.

phattymatty

by rankings it's the second hardest group. those last 3 groups are ridiculously uneven.

Group D: Uruguay (8), England (10), Italy (13), Costa Rica (25) [average team rank: 14.0]
Groupe G: Germany (4), Portugal (16), USA (17), Ghana (24) [average team rank: 15.25]
Group B: Spain (3), Chile (5), Netherlands (9), Australia (53) [average team rank: 17.5]
Group E: France (7), Ecuador (11), Switzerland (22), Honduras (33) [average team rank: 18.25]
Group C: Colombia (6), Ivory Coast (18), Greece (23), Japan (32) [average team rank: 19.75]
Group F: Argentina (2), Bosnia-Herzegovina (14), Nigeria (28), Iran (38) [average team rank: 20.5]
Group A: Brazil (1), Mexico (26), Croatia (31), Cameroon (39) [average rank: team 23.5]
Group H: Belgium (12), Russia (15), South Korea (37), Algeria (69) [average team rank: 33.25]

QB Eagles

Yeah you guys are nuts. The US group is hard as farg. I think the odds of the US advancing are very low.

QB Eagles

Also if you look at the venues and travel times that the US drew, they are also among the worst in the tournament. None of their games are within like 1000 miles of their Sao Paulo base, all are in the tropical equatorial zone, and their middle game is out deep in the farging Amazon.