Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

:-D

I didn't know they made XXL kids.  :-D

A Dempsey jersey would be cool. I like the fact that the U.S. has more and more players playing abroad aka EPL. If that continues, look for the U.S. to be a serious contender for the World Cup in the coming years, but there has to be at least a handful of guys...and Dempsey's getting up there in age.

U.S. soccer has come a loooooooong way since the 90's. I'm glad to see the direction they're headed in. It's exciting to watch and the fact they have so much potential. They've already proven they can hang and beat teams like Spain. It would have been fun to see what they would have done in the Confederations cup instead of Sucxico.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

only 30 min into the match, milan is down 4-0 to man city. its getting ugly.

5-0

phattymatty

5-3 at halftime. craziness.

Geowhizzer

That's a lot of goals.  If teams could do that more consistently more Americans would be interested...[/Bettman]

Rome

Rome

QuoteMultiple sources within Major League Soccer have informed NBC Sports' ProSoccerTalk that Tottenham Hotspur will receive a $9 million transfer fee for the U.S. captain's services – roughly 95 percent of the £6 million Spurs reportedly paid for Dempsey last summer.  To complete the unexpected move, Seattle have guaranteed the 30-year-old attacker $32 million over the next four seasons, making him one of the most expensive players in league history.

The $9 million transfer fee will also be the highest paid in league history and the second major purchase made by the Sounders this summer.

Stunning.

MDS

huge for mls to get him

at the same time id like to think dempsey even playing for a zesty epl team is better than starring in the mls. we need him correct for brazil.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on August 02, 2013, 08:50:27 PM
QuoteMultiple sources within Major League Soccer have informed NBC Sports' ProSoccerTalk that Tottenham Hotspur will receive a $9 million transfer fee for the U.S. captain's services – roughly 95 percent of the £6 million Spurs reportedly paid for Dempsey last summer.  To complete the unexpected move, Seattle have guaranteed the 30-year-old attacker $32 million over the next four seasons, making him one of the most expensive players in league history.

The $9 million transfer fee will also be the highest paid in league history and the second major purchase made by the Sounders this summer.

Stunning.

He's leaving the EPL? Idiot.

rjs246

Yeah wtf is he doing? He's a starter and scorer on a young talented popular EPL team that competes for a Champion's League spot and now he's going to transfer to the farging MLS? Jackass.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I thought about this a little and came up with some explanations why he'd make this move.

1st - Seattle has great coffee.  London doesn't.

2nd - Paul Allen is a part owner the Sounders.  That means free Windows upgrades for life, baby!

3rd - CenturyLink Field's capacity is 40,000 while White Hart Lane is only 36,000.  That means more hot soccer chicks for Clint to hit on!

4th - Seattle has the Space Needle.  London has Big Ben.  E-I have nothing to contribute. (farging filter - lol)

5th - Did I mention the coffee thing?

hbionic

Booooo!

You can do A LOT better than that!

hbionic

Kind of a boring opening match between Stoke and Liverpool. Stoke had a great chance early off the cross-bar, but they were clearly outmatched by Liverpool. Good home win for Liverpool. These are the ones they should be winning but find a way to lose mid-season.

hbionic

Chelsea with a flawless first half against the lowly Hull City. Mourinho's brought some extra passing to this team. They looked Barcelona-like in the first half.