Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on June 22, 2012, 07:07:08 AMESPN broadcasts EPL matches every Saturday during the season.  And Fox Soccer Channel(s) broadcast hundreds of matches.  Seriously... Cable, dude.  Get.

I don't have an extra $50 every month.  I mean, I do...but not for teevee.   For savings. 

I'm considering cutting my alcohol consumption because of cost, too.  Good idea?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 22, 2012, 07:38:25 AM
You hate something you have no knowledge of and could not care less about.

Personally I'm shocked by that.

i dont hate the sport and ive watched plenty of it....know as much about it as you...not players and teams but the game...

i even went to an argentinian restaurant during the last world cup to watch a game to see how real fans do it...all it is in america is a party...no one really likes the sport itself..they like dressing up in funny hats and scarfs and go to a bar at 7am to try and feel a part of something...but no one gives a crap about the game itself or who wins and loses...and in fact no american fans even like soccer that much

the sport itself is excrutiatingly boring...its better than lacrosse is the best thing i can say about it...but what i really hate are its fake POS hipster american fans who like the sport so they can be different and tell everyone else how they dont understand it...like its molecular biology or something...these people all need to die and the main reason im against soccer is that i dont want it to do well because that means more iceholes like these kids that become fake fans...and that why im glad this current torunament has flopped so far over here...it has nothing to do with the sport itself
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

^ Didn't read. ^

MDS

the ratings are actually terrific for the tourney

while thats all well and good, the games are kind of this independent creation. they are on, a million or so watch, and then thats it. no one really talks about it, no one really cares. its sports without passion or intrigue which is the worst possible thing. but it is good soccer so i guess true soccer fans and people who are watching sportscenter and dont change the channel are watching it.

its just silly to try to push a sport that is thankfully not a part of our culture. we have better things to do and this Hoyda european sport will never be it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

soccer ratings are always good because of the immigrant numbers...im ok with that...they are cool with me

the important part is that this tourney didnt create any new soccer "fans" that werent already there....like during the world cup ill hear chatter on the train...in the office ...in the bars ect...this thing going on now carries none of that

shtein hipster soccer dood dio didnt even know it was on

rjs246

Watching you two jerk off over how much you dislike soccer in a soccer thread is really something special to behold.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

actually we fight more often than not

the difference is the lil guy agrees with me like 20% of the time...where as most of the rest of the world is around 0% so it makes his 20 look like 100

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on June 22, 2012, 12:43:18 PM
I don't care.

Quote from: rjs246 on June 22, 2012, 12:39:44 PM
Watching you two jerk off over how much you dislike soccer in a soccer thread is really something special to behold.

rjs246

Exactly. I was mocking you, not looking for in depth analysis of your conversational quirks.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It all depends on Todd's mood. About half the time, he attempts to suckle at the Havas' teet. The other half, he likes to mount a challenge. In true IGY form, he perceives it to be more 80/20 than 50/50.

And soccer is better than The Wire.

ice grillin you

only cause i know rjs wants to see the breakdown but its 20% agree which doesnt mean its 80% disagree

20% agree
50% disagree
30% neutral

MDS

lol this is terrific

as far as i can tell we agree on 3 things: soccer sucking*, the wire being the goat and that the phillies would be a pathetic joke this year well before anyone else could admit it

*but we disagree on the world cup. i love it and he hates it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Soccer is better than The Wire.  That's all I took from this exchange and I agree wholeheartedly with you on that, IGY.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2012, 12:33:56 PM
soccer ratings are always good because of the immigrant numbers...im ok with that...they are cool with me

the important part is that this tourney didnt create any new soccer "fans" that werent already there....like during the world cup ill hear chatter on the train...in the office ...in the bars ect...this thing going on now carries none of that

shtein hipster soccer dood dio didnt even know it was on
Shorebird says Get Rid of Em!
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons