Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Thanks, Chuggie.

For what it's worth, I'm racist against the French.  Love to see them lose, support re-education camps for them.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

nothing made me happier than watching france melt down in the last world cup.  it was beautiful, especially the reports of mutiny.  lovely country, great food and drink, but literally the most insufferable people on the planet and that includes americans.

hbionic

Yeah, farg the French. I did finally satisfy a curiousity and looked up why Riberie's face is so farged up and scarred. At two years old, he and his parents were in a car accident that farged up his face and he received over 100 stitches.

Another funny thing I've noticed, or maybe not so funny because it might be a uniform but both the head coach and the assistant for Germany always wear the same shtein. Same slacks, and shirt. I guess its more a uniform after thinking about it. They're still a handsome pair nonetheless.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phattymatty

one russian guy's last name is pronounced jagoff.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I have been really enjoying this tournament.

That is all.

Diomedes

who is showing the games?  how are you watching?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Espn and espn3 (online).
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I don't have the former but I could check a game online.  Is ESPN is showing games live? 

rjs246

It's the second biggest international tourney of the most popular sport on the planet and it's happening in the middle of the day (east coast time). What the hell else is espn going to air?

Yes, live.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Stop yelling at Dio.

Diomedes

I am genuinely surprised that ESPN is putting non-WC live soccer on television.  It's one thing to broadcast the games online, that I can see.  I guess soccer really is finally catching on in the States.

Rome

And I forgot to mention I've been watching games at the office on my "breaks".

GUBMENT!!

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on June 22, 2012, 07:03:20 AM
I am genuinely surprised that ESPN is putting non-WC live soccer on television.  It's one thing to broadcast the games online, that I can see.  I guess soccer really is finally catching on in the States.

ESPN broadcasts EPL matches every Saturday during the season.  And Fox Soccer Channel(s) broadcast hundreds of matches.  Seriously... Cable, dude.  Get.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on June 22, 2012, 07:03:20 AM

you are surprised that espn is trying to take advantage of a new market by shoving something down everyones throats?

they also tried to do it with nascar...i am actually pleasantly suprised that this tournament hasnt caught on like i thought it possibly might...if it wasnt on espn i wouldnt even know it was happening...i havent heard anyone talking about it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

You hate something you have no knowledge of and could not care less about.

Personally I'm shocked by that.