Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Munson on June 13, 2012, 12:46:19 AM
Sarge, to be fair in your assessment, I'm sure a lot of the posts in this thread are about how much soccer blows

This is a valid point.   

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 13, 2012, 12:41:16 AM
I think if you look at the people responding to the soccer thread they are a much more limited bunch then Boxing. I await your detailed break down sarge

The boxing thread was also started when this place had a really solid group of posters.  Probably a good 25 or so regulars and then maybe another 10 or so who would pop in on a weekly basis. 

Now there's like 12 people posting here and about 9 of them seem to like soccer.

Truth be told, both sports pretty much suck now.  I was never a boxing die hard, but I'd watch the big fights from time to time but the sport is on it's last leg right now.  But I'll give boxing some props because it was fun to watch at 1 point.  Soccer has always sucked.   

hbionic

Soccer is like Blacks in the 60's and Gays in 2012...everyone else seems to be on board, but you old, white, Americans keep clinging to your hatred.

*MDS....anytime you get any points is good...but farging Guatemala? In the last 10 years...USA soccer has established itself as a contender and not basement fodder like most of central america and Canada. It should be USA/Mexico as 1st or 2nd and then whoever else (Honduras, Costa Rica, and El Salvador look to fit that spot for the time being). USA tying Guatemala is like a Major professional team losing to a college team (I know they tied).

Draw is ok in the big picture of the standings because its a point....but you should go chop your dick off if you're Klinsmann.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 13, 2012, 01:09:27 AM

Truth be told, both sports pretty much suck now.  I was never a boxing die hard, but I'd watch the big fights from time to time but the sport is on it's last leg right now.  But I'll give boxing some props because it was fun to watch at 1 point.  Soccer has always sucked.   

You know nothing of the sport, so take the soccer dick out of your mouth, and STFU. You are very good at bashing shtein you don't know about. 

Munson

Don't need to know much about soccer to see how awful soccer is to watch on TV

Fun to play with your friends htough
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Quote from: hbionic on June 13, 2012, 03:30:25 AM

You know nothing of the sport, so take the soccer dick out of your mouth, and STFU. You are very good at bashing shtein you don't know about.

Haha.  Wow.

hbionic

You should see him bash basic arithmetic, grammar, and common sense. He's awesome.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on June 13, 2012, 03:30:25 AM

This is true. I bashed yo mama before I knew anything about her.

Rome

England cruising at half 1-0 down 2-1 10 mins into the 2nd half.

Rome

I literally hit post and England scores to draw it at 2-2.

hbionic

Nice goal from Welbeck.

Funny, when Sweden tied it up and they were celebrating in front of Hart (England's goal keeper)....Ibrahimovich was just talking all sorts of mess in the guy's face. Bunch of shtein talkers they all are. Pansies. That's what they get for talking shtein...farging Swedes. Just leave us your women and kill yourselves.

Diomedes

I haven't followed at all.  How's the tournament going?  Is France out yet?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

France handled Ukraine rather easily today. Ukraine lacked that magic they had in the opening game.

Looks like England and France out of that group.

The dutch have been laying turds in all the matches...like they are so good they suck balls...they can't play together. Weird, but I guess I understand.

Germany on the other hand is heating up and looking good. Spain is the best out of their crappy group. Portugal is looking slightly better than the Dutch...but no chemistry. Italy lacks balls and Ballotelli is a hot head...the T.O. of soccer. Russia might surprise.

This is Germany's tournament to lose.

Rome

I watched the whole England match at the office.  I have two monitors so I watched the golf on the other monitor too. ESPN3 kicks ass.

hbionic

Since I've gotten into club soccer over the past two years...I understand now why some of these giants die off in these tournaments. It's like Leo Messi said in Argentina, he doesn't have a 'Xavi or Iniesta' feeding him the ball to score. These teams are supposed to magically have chemistry for a tournament and win. They are professionals but those are the effects of playing all over the world instead of in-country.

Germany has 6-8 guys on the field from Bayern Munich playing at any one time. I'm sure that helps a little.