Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on December 03, 2010, 06:08:26 PM
The sun is definitely going to kill players out in the sun.

lol

beat me to it

Don Ho

Ok, how in the farg do you pronounce Qatar?  Rhymes with guitar? Rhymes with gator?  I've heard about six different pronunciations since yesterdays announcement.  This is important shtein guys!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on December 03, 2010, 06:08:26 PM
The sun is definitely going to kill players out in the sun.

sun sun sun!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I don't know why the U.S. even bothers.  The limpdick organizations that run the events like the IOC & FIFA have made it fairly clear they have no interest in holding their tournaments here, so why put the time, effort & money into even putting together a bid?

Diomedes

I love it when America gets jilted.  The pompous, we're entitled, how dare they not select the great US, sour grapes bitching amuses me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

As a soccer fan wouldn't you like to see the World Cup return here, though?  From what I gather the U.S. made a hugely competitive bid which was basically laughed at by FIFA.  That sits well with you?

Diomedes

Yeah, it sits fine with me.  Life isn't fair.  Usually, we're sitting on the good side saying that but every once in a while, the U.S. is the crybaby being told to go screw.  I think it's great. 

We hosted in '94.  It's a big world full of places that haven't hosted.  Sure, I'd like to have the games--especially this bid because Baltimore would have been featured--but oh well.  I'll still watch and root for the U.S. (assuming they get in), and I don't think I'll be caring much about where they are held.

Also, it's going to be fun to watch Qatar pull this off...what a disaster waiting to happen. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I agree that there are times we get what's coming to us but I don't agree with these clowns being vindictive specifically because we're Americans.  The World Cup being held here makes more sense financially than anywhere else on Earth, yet they still give it to a place like Qatar.  It's stupid beyond reason, but then again, so is FIFA.

rjs246

There are also perfectly legit reasons not to host it here. Thanks to our joke of a public transportation system, transportation is a nightmare and ridiculously expensive compared to other countries. Plus it isn't like we're geographically easy to get to for the majority of the world's soccer fans.

I mean, I have a hard time getting fired up over this.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Ha - this is great:

QuoteUSA stunned to learn that Chuck Blazer their own chief did not vote for them

The stink that is growing daily from the corrupt world cup hosting vote took a very bizarre twist today as news begins to filter through that Chuck Blazer the American general secretary of CONCACAF did not vote for his own country but for Qatar.

Blazer who is very close friends with ticket tout Jack Warner voted along with Warner to give Qatar the right to host world cup 2022 and thus go against their very own team from their very own federation.

That is akin to Geoff Thompson not voting for England or Michel Platini not voting for France or Franz Beckanbaur not voting for Germany and yet this is what happened.

How Blazer can stay in his position is now seriously open to debate and questions are starting to be asked why he never voted for his own country.

What did Warner promise Blazer, what did the Qatar delegation promise Warner and Blazer, the fact that Qatar's bid was rated high risk by Fifa seems to have made no difference at all.

The hard cold truth is that if CONCACAF would have voted for its own member state, The USA, then it would have been a tie between Qatar and the USA and would then have been down to corrupt Sepp Blatter to have used his casting vote.

Which would have probably still meant that Qatar got the vote as Blatter had promised the Qatar the world cup in return for the Asian head of football, Qatari national Mohammed Bin Hammam not going up against Blatter for control of Fifa.

So nothing at all to do with the best bids but to do with Blatter staying as head of Fifa, wow it stinks.

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on December 04, 2010, 09:43:35 AM
Yeah, it sits fine with me.  Life isn't fair.  Usually, we're sitting on the good side saying that but every once in a while, the U.S. is the crybaby being told to go screw.  I think it's great. 

We hosted in '94.  It's a big world full of places that haven't hosted.  Sure, I'd like to have the games--especially this bid because Baltimore would have been featured--but oh well.  I'll still watch and root for the U.S. (assuming they get in), and I don't think I'll be caring much about where they are held.

Also, it's going to be fun to watch Qatar pull this off...what a disaster waiting to happen. 

are you trying to be a cartoonist stereotype of an east coast liberal elitist? do you realize how corrupt and unethical fifa is? and i think youre one of those horrible soccer geeks, too.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

No one is more corrupt and unethical than the United States, so I laugh when people complain about USA getting jobbed.

Whatever stereotype you need to put that in, have at it little man.

MDS

the usa didnt get jobbed, qatar is just a ridiculous and clearly corrupt choice. that funhole blatter just bought a 125 million villa in italy and the freaking usa's own voter person didnt even pick his country. and it also done so blatter could keep his job.

if australia gets it im fine. its the choice of qatar and the clear corruption that is the problem, not the usa not getting its way. but people who are hateful and resentful of their own country want to see how they see it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Quote from: MDS on December 04, 2010, 12:40:32 PM
are you trying to be a cartoonist stereotype of an east coast liberal elitist?  

Quote from: Diomedes on December 04, 2010, 01:52:08 PM
Yes.

ftfy

Let them eat bootstraps.