Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Meh

See you in 4 years, soccer
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

World Cup < Errands
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

I can't wait until the NFL goes to pool play.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

they already do, the pools are called divisions
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Don Ho

QuoteBut as Liverpool's position in the English Premier League has slipped, the owners have become targets for angry fans. Liverpool failed to qualify for this season's lucrative European Champions' League and the team is currently 18th out of 20 in the English league after seven matches -- the worst start to a season for decades.           

So an angry fan base can effect change.  Interesting.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

smeags

QuoteCNN -- Russia will host the World Cup in 2018, Qatar will host the event in 2022, FIFA announced today.

yay !
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Don Ho

I once entered an air Qatar contest.  Did a mean Angus Young.

Was US even close in securing 2022?

Hawk

Quote from: smeags on December 02, 2010, 10:55:43 AM
QuoteCNN -- Russia will host the World Cup in 2018, Qatar will host the event in 2022, FIFA announced today.

yay !

FIFA really knows how to capitalize on the success of the World Cup in the US this previous summer...

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on December 02, 2010, 11:58:18 AM
I once entered an air Qatar contest.  Did a mean Angus Young.

Was US even close in securing 2022?

Second place.

England got eliminated first for 2018. Ouch for them.

hbionic

Middle east heats up to a toasty 130 degrees fahrenheit in the summer. Also...the sun is going to kill players out in the sun. Who the farg is going to want to party in Qatar?

Qatar population is about 1.5 million...and in perspective....there were about 4 to 5 million people that watched the games in the US in 1996...so there would have to be about 3 million people plus the whole population go and watch the games there.

Qatar sucks ass. FIFA is full of a bunch of iceholes.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

How much money did the Qatarians (did they play the Qatari?!) or whatever slip to FIFA?

hbionic

Enough to move the world cup to Qatar. Probably zillions. And coupons for free meals at Waffle House Qatar.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

The sun is definitely going to kill players out in the sun.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Soccer is just awful
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.