Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

but things actually happen in football games
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: KDS on June 12, 2010, 01:10:38 PM
it was 1000am you dumb jew

meh...you put an Eagles game on at 10 and people are going nuts. I went to a soccer game in Brazil, the fans are into it but it pales in comparison to football in the states.

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 12, 2010, 12:58:29 PM
just got back from an argentinian restaurant/bar....im really trying to get into soccer...like i wanna like it bad...but its is an absolute atrocity...and after being at this place im convinced even soccer fans feel this way as well...no one barely watches the game...theres no excitement whatsoever...i think one time in the two hrs we were there people raised out of their seats...and that was for some weak ass "rush" up the field that ended in absolutely nothing

ill take the dc eagle bar any day over this garbage...that place is off the hook and the eagles play every year not every four

This is not going to be popular...but go watch it when Mexico is playing.

Mexico and its team is comparable to how Eagles fans travel. If Mexico is not participating...it is bad for all advertisers paying dollars in tournaments being broadcast world wide.

Wait until next Thursday...then go watch it. It's your fault for watching it with Argentinians. They are Euro-trash wannabes.

Your experience should be different next weeks..specially against France.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i dont think i wil be watching any more games...but the empanadas i had today were the best i ever eaten and i will be going back to the restaurant
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Back To The Future is on, and despite seeing it over 590 times, it's still vastly more entertaining
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

I used to feel the same way. But I always found the WC appealing.

After being in South America so much, those people there are farging nuts about soccer. Its crazy.

Diomedes

good to see the haters have their own thread to bitch about the greatest sport on earth.  keep on keepin' on
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

most popular =/= greatest
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Quote from: Munson on June 12, 2010, 03:38:44 PM
Back To The Future is on, and despite seeing it over 590 times, it's still vastly more entertaining

Seriously.

Alright. You don't like it. Shut the farg up now.

Diomedes

now now, Chuggie, this is the thread for soccer haterz.  Let them cry all they like.  We have our own place to talk without their constant bitching.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Perdon compadre.

Munson

There are many respectful and non-hippo ways to talk about how much soccer sucks.

But if you seriously believe soccer is a greater sport than football, hockey, rugby, lacrosse, basketball, baseball etc....then I really feel bad for you.

Diomedes

no me importa que haces con la chica y el nino, solo suelteme

Diomedes

Quote from: Munson on June 12, 2010, 05:29:43 PM
There are many respectful and non-hippo ways to talk about how much soccer sucks.

But if you seriously believe soccer is a greater sport than football, hockey, rugby, lacrosse, basketball, baseball etc....then I really feel bad for you.

I do, and you feeling bad for me is a fine recommendation, punk

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on June 12, 2010, 05:29:53 PM
no me importa que haces con la chica y el nino, solo suelteme

In as non-malicious a way as possible...I hope one day you get to use that line...just for kicks.  ;)