Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Gladly. I'll wash it down with your salty tears from when Juan kicked the ball and it hit you in the thigh.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

so what does munson offer to this board, he admittedly hungry hungry hippos just about every thread on here.  he doesn't offer anything of substance.  i think a banning is in order.  or at least a ritual killing
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

Sounds like a poll to me.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

I admittedly bait soccer fans, and IGY.

It's not my fault that IGY encompasses 90% of the posts on here.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I've never understood the seething hatred some people have for the game.   It's cool to watch when it's played at its highest level. 

I will say that my favorite team is the equivalent of the Cowboys, though...

Diomedes

You must mean Premier League, because I can't think of a national team that comes close to being to world soccer what the farging cowboys are to the NFL.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Italy would come close to being the Cowboys and Brazil would be synonymous with the worlds biggest teddy bear. You can't hate it.

hbionic

I'm sorry....did I say Italy?

I meant  ARGENTINA

Diomedes

I don't agree.  Italy might be fun to hate, but that's where they're similarities with the Cowboys end.

I can get a Man U comparison to Dallas, but once you go to national teams, there just isn't a team as widely supported by douchebags, fair weather fans, and non-nationals of that country.  Italy isn't selling gobs of gear throughout the world to these people as Man U and Dallas are.

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on June 03, 2010, 06:37:21 PM
You must mean Premier League, because I can't think of a national team that comes close to being to world soccer what the farging cowboys are to the NFL.

Red Devils

hbionic

Well...at least with Latin Americans....Argentina is as big a combination of Dallas, Yankee, Munson, Douchey, vaginal, teriyaki sauce as there is.

Trust me. I believe only the U.S. is hated more throughout the world.

Rome

I don't think the U.S. is hated throughout the world in soccer terms.  They boo us because of variety of reasons, some deserved, most not, but our standing as a soccer 'power' isn't one of them.

MDS

soccer writers hate the usa. a lot of people also hate us though im sure those people cant get enough episodes of csi miami so thats nice.

im guessing, like us, most people would be upset with a nation that is apathetic about soccer like the usa winning the world cup just like we would be irked by jacksonville winning the superbowl. do we deserve to win the world cup? no. no we dont. does jacksonville deserve a superbowl? no. no it doesnt.

with that said, it would still be nice to stick it to everyone else to dominate a sport that gets athletes worse than lacrosse.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 03, 2010, 06:34:15 PM
I've never understood the seething hatred some people have for the game. 

really?

thats usually a comment reserved for football or basketball....no?

shtein i can understand why people would hate hockey or baseball

with soccer i dont understand how people like it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous