Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Rome on June 10, 2016, 09:22:28 AM
AO had tickets available last I heard. 

I'd love to be there for that.

chance my friend may have one available. he has a big group going. haven't been to an outside pro soccer game since the fury played here. this would be a huge leap from that.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I don't know how many I've been to but it's in the double digits now.  I went to the send off in Jax before the last WC and it was amazing. 

smeags

gonna be a ton of rice pots cooking tmrrw at the tailgates.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 10, 2016, 07:57:59 AM
lots of hipsters....but tons of latinos...its unfathomable to me how they couldn't get 100k for a weekend game being between wash dc and nyc

uhhhh the linc holds 65k and its a fairly meaningless game since the copa is a fake tournament, essentially. usa soccer games arent that of a rarity that people want to drive hours and hours to see them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I was going to mock IGY over the Linc capacity thing but then I thought maybe he was confusing Fed Ex Field with the Linc again.

If there's such a thing I think he's suffering from Fan CTE.

ice grillin you

I don't know whats dumber the sport of soccer or the fact that you two idiots honestly thought I thought the linc held a hundred thousand people
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

usa won the group and will now get, likely, ecuador in the quaters. in seattle. craft beer drinking hipsters with scarves will be out in full force.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 12, 2016, 04:47:37 PM
I don't know whats dumber the sport of soccer or the fact that you two idiots honestly thought I thought the linc held a hundred thousand people

I make it a policy to never mock people with traumatic brain injuries.

But in your case, I'll make an exception.

Mock.

ice grillin you

fair enough

I'm a moron of the highest degree but I know the capacity of the linc like you know the magics roster

MDS

brazil goes home on a handball goal

i know they didnt send their best side, but even with a b team to not get out of a group with slop like peru and haiti is unreal. not to mention, they are currently 6th in comnebol wc qualifying. meaning if this holds, they wont even make the world cup.

brazil! 

PhillyPhreak54

Viva Peru!

Happy to see them win

Hand of God 2 or not

MDS

i dont see why they cant beat colombia, which just lost to a costa rican side that had nothing to play for

they probably wont win, but just getting out of the group is huge for them.

PhillyPhreak54

No doubt they've been awful for a long time so it's cool to see my friends down there have something to celebrate

I played blackjack with Farfan once too so I root for them

ice grillin you

is anything less surprising in the world than texas j clinging to soccer