Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

stop watching sports then...every league does it

your favorite the NFL has under .500 teams make the playoffs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the nfl has 12/32 teams make it, which is a perfect number. sometimes a 7-9 or 8-8 team gets in, but its very rare and nothing something i get worked up about.

baseball does 10/30 and its really just 6/30 since 4 teams have to do a random 1 game play in. its just the nba and nhl which do this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

baseball wild card is the biggest joke in the history of sports

and again under .500 teams win divisions in the nfl

just say you hate basketball and love roger goodell and leave it at that...any other reasoning is beyond non sensical

MDS

i only hate the nba. i love other forms of basketball. just something about college, the players are grittier and hustle more.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

I agree about the baseball wild card.  They try to manufacture suspense with the play-in game and it falls flat (unless, I suppose, your team is in it - I wouldn't know).  Either make it a series or just put the one WC in the divisional round.

NBA / NHL let too many in.  I suppose the NBA does a better job of arranging them.

MDS

they couldnt do a best of 3 because a, lets say, philly/la best of 3 would take 5-6 days. this means the division winners are off for over a week which is a disadvantage for them.

if mlb ever goes east/west, your travel is limited, you could do a best of 3 wild card on 3 straight days.

but mlb actually likes these 1 gamers so i think theyre here to stay.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 06, 2019, 10:20:14 PM
I agree about the baseball wild card.  They try to manufacture suspense with the play-in game and it falls flat (unless, I suppose, your team is in it - I wouldn't know).  Either make it a series or just put the one WC in the divisional round.

NBA / NHL let too many in.  I suppose the NBA does a better job of arranging them.

the idea of a 162 game season decided by a one game playoff is so incredibly stupid that you really can't even come up with something dumber

MDS

since everybody wants to here it, my idea for my baseball:

4 division of 8 teams (east/west)
4 division winners make the playoffs
2nd and 3rd in each division do a 3-gamer on 3 straight days.

and for the nba:

20 team league with pro/reg to do away with tanking
the 19 teams all play each other 3 times. no divisions. just 1 big 20 team league.
7 teams make the playoffs. 1st place gets a bye.

tell me im wrong.

PhillyPhreak54

Westbrook to Houston

Chris Paul and first rounders in 2024 and 2026 to OKC plus pick swaps in 2021 and 2025

Whoa

ice grillin you

the amount of assets the thunder have would make Sam hinkies tiny little bird grow to the moon

MDS

on what planet can russ and harden coexist

phattymatty

earth a few years ago.

nba futures lines been wild the last 2 weeks.

Rome

I would pay to see Buckets & CP3 play together. 

phattymatty