Social Media

Started by Diomedes, July 18, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

I like the auto sync option for pictures and video from my phone to picsssa.

hbionic

Does everyone here have a facebook account? (other than dio)
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

Quote from: hbionic on July 18, 2011, 07:49:29 PM
Does everyone here have a facebook account? (other than dio and GF and Rome and probably Yeti)

ice grillin you

i have one but only use it to host pictures
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

I've heard a lot of people touting Google+, but I've also heard some negative things, especially with regard to their terms of service. Like Facebook, they have a CYA clause that allows them to do whatever they want with the stuff you post. It's not such a big deal for the casual user, but when it comes to things like photographers trying to manage the intellectual property rights to their work, it can be something of a nightmare.

For now, I can manage Facebook okay. I really don't need to have yet another "service" giving me additional headaches.

BigEd76

Quote from: hbionic on July 18, 2011, 05:07:41 PMThe moment I go on facebook is the moment everyone stops using it.

so are you on yet or what

hbionic

Just waiting for a sign from God.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Trojan Spreading Through Facebook Replaces Antivirus Programs: Security researchers warn about a trojan spreading through Facebook and having an unusually sophisticated payload which involves replacing the legit antivirus programs used by its victims. The malware hijacks the Facebook sessions of its victims and sends messages to their friends via the website's chat function. Once installed on the computer, the Trojan blocks notifications from the firewall, Windows update or the legit antivirus and displays a pop-up asking the user to reboot the system. The Trojan uses the bcdedit.exe utility to force the computer into Safe Mode upon reboot, where the un-installation of the legit antivirus starts. Unlike most malware, this malware configures itself to run in Safe Mode so it is always in control of the machine. The computer is rebooted again and a fake antivirus mimicking the real one is executed. This is meant to trick users into believing that they are still protected, while the Trojan freely downloads and installs more malware in the background.

ice grillin you

when you follow someone on twitter do you get a notification when they post a new message...something similar to how you get an email from CF when someone makes a new post on a thread?

or do you have to physically navigate to their twitter page and see if theres anything new

General_Failure

You go to Twitter and see all the message from people you follow in chronological order. You can set up lists to clump together messages from groups of people if you want.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on August 02, 2011, 11:36:59 AM
You go to Twitter and see all the message from people you follow in chronological order. You can set up lists to clump together messages from groups of people if you want.

so they will all show up on my twitter page...similar to the facebook wall?

General_Failure

I guess? I've never used Facebook.

MDS

yes, it all shows up on your homepage in the order the people you follow tweet it

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Which is the more disgusting Facebook status update?

A.  Quoting the bible

B.  Telling your significant other how much you love them.