Tattoo designs and shtein

Started by rjs246, June 08, 2007, 09:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

So I've got a tattoo on the back of my shoulder and have been itching to get another for a very long time. The problem is that I don't just want to throw any old thing on my body and I haven't found anything that I really like.

I've been half-assedly looking for designs/ideas for something (back/arm/leg, basically any place that I can keep out of site of bosses and potential employers) and in true half-assed form, I figured I'd ask you iceholes if any of you have seen any good tattoo design sites or have any sort of talent in the area.

Aw jesus who am I kidding, none of you have any talent. Just post some pictures of cool ink, jerks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

SunMo

mussa

i'd pick up some tattoo magazines and check them out. also look up local tattoo places. all you have to do is go into a shop and ask to see their portfolio. i want to get a half-sleeve of an octopus. like a crazy half metallic octopus. will i ever get it? who knows...they are not cheap.

also i read in a tattoo magazine that they now have removable ink. so if at some point you wanted to remove it, you wouldn't have to go through an expensive surgery. i also read that alot of people in the business don't like it because it "takes away" from what tattooing is all about. whatever...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

rjs246

Quote from: mussa on June 08, 2007, 10:17:08 AM
i want to get a half-sleeve of an octopus. like a crazy half metallic octopus.

I'm shocked into speechlessness. I sort of want to close the thread now and pretend it never happened.

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

ha. let me guess you want a tribal band around your ankle. or barbed wire around your arm.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Diomedes

think all you want, it's gonna look like shtein when you're old.  so is the rest of you btw.  my first tat I thought was the deepest most meaningful shtein ever.  I was 20.  used a lousy artist, and there it is.  as much a part of me as my foot.  farg it, it's me.  second one I got in belgrade..simple flash off the pc, no meaning at all.  third and largest spans from just above my elbow to top of my shoulder, say MOM on a ribbone over a heart with some birds.

all three are stupid as shtein and will look bad evenutally.  like I care.  I've promised the whole arm to the guy who did the mom tattoo and when that's full up, I'm moving on to other open pastures.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

dis12

since it's gonna last a lifetime, make sure it's something you will never be embarrassed to show.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on June 08, 2007, 03:02:29 PM
think all you want, it's gonna look like shtein when you're old.  so is the rest of you btw.  my first tat I thought was the deepest most meaningful shtein ever.  I was 20.  used a lousy artist, and there it is.  as much a part of me as my foot.  farg it, it's me.  second one I got in belgrade..simple flash off the pc, no meaning at all.  third and largest spans from just above my elbow to top of my shoulder, say MOM on a ribbone over a heart with some birds.

all three are stupid as shtein and will look bad evenutally.  like I care.  I've promised the whole arm to the guy who did the mom tattoo and when that's full up, I'm moving on to other open pastures.

Its stories like this that kept me from getting my sleeve 5-6 years ago. I had a good artist lined up and a cool design (my Grandfathers race car and some other meaningful shtein) but in the end I knew too many people who regretted them. I had one done 14 years ago and that'll probably be it.

Rome

Some of the 9/11 tattoo's I've seen are pretty fargin spectacular.

This one is unbelievable:

ice grillin you

dio is on point

old people with tattoos look like friggin idiots
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous