I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasEagle

Ever have a job you just hate? I mean HATE? Well I hate my job. Up at 3AM to be at work by 4am. Work all day, come home to have 3 hours (if I'm lucky) to do what needs to be done then in bed by 7 (or 9 if I have to do something else) so I can get enough sleep to be up by 3AM the next day. I have these HUGE bags under my eyes all the time now and I'm constantly drained and/or tired from these ridiculous hours. Having a social life is almost non-existent right now since when I'm not working there I'm working on computer stuff to try and get *some* use out of these degrees I have that are useless here in SA where there's no positions for what I learned how to do.

[/vent]

Ok, I feel better... gotta run after a trip around the board... time's in short supply.  :'(

Diomedes

My time schedule is different--I work 9 to 5, in reality 8 to 8--but I'm living the same miserable lifestyle.  The only reason I can keep it up without killing someone is that I know I'm quitting in March '07.  So I don't have the oppressive sense that this will continue forever.

If you're seeing no light at the end of the tunnel, it's time to update your resume and start looking.  If it's really dire, quit.  You'll be alright.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

TexasEagle

Quote from: Diomedes on March 12, 2006, 02:21:24 PM
If you're seeing no light at the end of the tunnel, it's time to update your resume and start looking. If it's really dire, quit. You'll be alright.

Working on it... planning a move to FL but not for a few more months (not before the fall I'm certain unless I hit the lotto that I don't play) so have to tough it out until then. Things should rapidly improve once I'm out of Texas since there's just no opportunity in San Antonio for me to do anything. Hate this damn state...

Diomedes

Well if you've already got a plan to scram, hunker down and focus on making preparations for going..it will make the days pass easier.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Might as well come up with a new screen name while you're at it.  Don't be lame and change it to FloridaEagle.  ;)

Geowhizzer

Quote from: TexasEagle on March 12, 2006, 02:45:11 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on March 12, 2006, 02:21:24 PM
If you're seeing no light at the end of the tunnel, it's time to update your resume and start looking. If it's really dire, quit. You'll be alright.

Working on it... planning a move to FL but not for a few more months (not before the fall I'm certain unless I hit the lotto that I don't play) so have to tough it out until then. Things should rapidly improve once I'm out of Texas since there's just no opportunity in San Antonio for me to do anything. Hate this damn state...

TE, what part of Florida?

Geowhizzer

Do you think Spadaro hates his job right now?

Diomedes

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: TexasEagle on March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM
Ever have a job you just hate? I mean HATE? Well I hate my job. Up at 3AM to be at work by 4am. Work all day, come home to have 3 hours (if I'm lucky) to do what needs to be done then in bed by 7 (or 9 if I have to do something else) so I can get enough sleep to be up by 3AM the next day. I have these HUGE bags under my eyes all the time now and I'm constantly drained and/or tired from these ridiculous hours. Having a social life is almost non-existent right now since when I'm not working there I'm working on computer stuff to try and get *some* use out of these degrees I have that are useless here in SA where there's no positions for what I learned how to do.

[/vent]

Ok, I feel better... gotta run after a trip around the board... time's in short supply.  :'(

Now you know how I felt when I was in the Navy. Congrats on that.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 12, 2006, 05:23:34 PM
Now you know how I felt when I was in the Navy. Congrats on that.

I'm not sure how you came up with that one.  No where in his post did TE mention anything about getting his mud nickle polished by the first mate. 

dis12

Quote from: TexasEagle on March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

[/vent]

what is your job?  what are your Degrees in?   
If you're looking for a job, RIGHT NOW, I think FA analyzer for the Eagles is available :P
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

SD_Eagle5

Rumor has it Trenton Times Beat writer will be available shortly as well.

dis12

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 12, 2006, 06:15:37 PM
Rumor has it Trenton Times Beat writer will be available shortly as well.
I cant wait until he has a guest spot on WIP.  he will get ROASTED >:D
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

TexasEagle

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 12, 2006, 05:22:08 PM
TE, what part of Florida?

Don't have time for a big reply, need to get some sleep, but will be around Ft. Laud area... anyway, night all, hopefully I can get back on the boards before another month passes. ::)

rjs246

Everyone hates their job. That's why it's called 'work' and not 'play time'.

Of course, I like my job, but you know, most people hate theirs. And I've always hated my previous jobs.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.