Has anyone else noticed

Started by rjs246, August 08, 2005, 03:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

That all of Peter King's article recently have pictures of him included? They're usually horribly contrived 'candid' shots of him typing on his laptop, but I'm pretty sure that the only reason he's including them is because he's losing weight and wants everyone to see him. I for one would rather just read his articles and not be sujected to his big goofy mug smiling back at me or his oafish form hunched over a laptop at a grocery store.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I don't read Peter King drivel so no, I haven't notice that.  My condolences.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

So since none of the big name football writers seem to be deemed worthy by the CF crowd, who exactly DO you guys read when you need a football fix? It seems that every writer invokes lightning from the eyes and smoke from the ears whenever they're brought up, so do you all just not read anything that's out there, lean back and feel satisfied with yourselves for not succumbing to the evils of sports journalism? I mean, these dudes are basically just professional fans, and yes most of it is drivel, but do you all just deprive yourselves of all sports feature writing? I can't do it. I need that nonsense to get me through the slow days. Which are most.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

I enjoy reading Reuben Frank (he doesn't blow smoke and he doesn't create his own form of news) and Bill Lyon.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

i read king...but i usually print out the printer friendly version while i bring the cleveland browns to the superbowl.

so i hadnt noticed the pictures, until now anyway.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

General_Failure

Quote from: rjs246 on August 08, 2005, 03:58:41 PM
So since none of the big name football writers seem to be deemed worthy by the CF crowd, who exactly DO you guys read when you need a football fix?

We can't read, you stupid shtein. :-D

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

We should send King cheeseburgers and candy to get rid of the pictures.

rjs246

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 08, 2005, 04:04:56 PM
We should send King cheeseburgers and candy to get rid of the pictures.

Now that's the kind of constructive response I was looking for!

Quote from: General_Failure on August 08, 2005, 04:04:47 PM
We can't read, you stupid shtein.

Dear god, that explains so much.

Let them eat bootstraps.

T_Section224

i don't read sports writers, i come here to find out others opinions of what the sports writers think.  keeps me from having to formulate my own opinion and i don't have to read their drivel.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

QB Eagles

Quote from: T_Section224 on August 08, 2005, 04:10:29 PM
i don't read sports writers, i come here to find out others opinions of what the sports writers think.

Do you really need to come here and read to figure out what PG will think of the sportswriters? It's pretty much something like :puke :fire :chair in virtually every case.

Diomedes

I like Pat Kirwan and the Teusday Morning Quarterback, whatshisname fancypants.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 08, 2005, 04:15:46 PM
i don't read sports writers, i come here to find out others opinions of what the sports writers think.

Do you really need to come here and read to figure out what PG will think of the sportswriters? It's pretty much something like :puke :fire :chair in virtually every case.

::)

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on August 08, 2005, 04:17:59 PM
I like Pat Kirwan and the Teusday Morning Quarterback, whatshisname fancypants.

Agreed. Those two have actual insights and can back up their assertions with stats.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on August 08, 2005, 04:18:32 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on August 08, 2005, 04:15:46 PM

::)

Well if I included that one I would have had to take the "virtually" out.

Eagles_Legendz

I don't like King, but I normally read MMQB.  I like Kirwan as well, and I also can tolerate most of Lenny P's stuff at ESPN.  I loathe Prisco though.