Darren Sproles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, March 13, 2014, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

QB Eagles

Same moves, same jersey number, same height.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Eagaholic

Looks like Barner won't be back then, which is good.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 29, 2018, 02:43:31 AM
Looks like Barner won't be back then, which is good.

They have Ajayi, Clement, Sproles, Smallwood, Pump, and a new UDFA Josh Adams. Seems crowded enough to me. Although Barner might be better than half of those guys.

General_Failure

Plus the large rugby player they'll convert to FB.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Cthulhu

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 29, 2018, 10:20:51 AM

They have Ajayi, Clement, Sproles, Smallwood, Pump, and a new UDFA Josh Adams. Seems crowded enough to me. Although Barner might be better than half of those guys.

i understand the sentimantal value of sproles... but i'd rather of kept blount.

Rome

How is keeping Sproles an instance of sentimentality?  Keeping Celek would be such an example but not Sproles.  He's still got gas in the tank.  As for Blount, thanks for the memories and all, but he was cooked at the end of the year and Detroit caked him off. 

Cthulhu

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2018, 07:45:24 AM
How is keeping Sproles an instance of sentimentality?  Keeping Celek would be such an example but not Sproles.  He's still got gas in the tank.  As for Blount, thanks for the memories and all, but he was cooked at the end of the year and Detroit caked him off.

yeah, i guess if he plays ten plays a game. but not having played a year, acl, 35..... c'mon rome.... it's more sentiment...

QB Eagles

Presumably Sproles is making the vet minimum, which is half of the contract that Blount got from the Lions. That's a very unsentimental reason to sign him over Blount.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i didnt get it at the game and i still dont get it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

david kills goliath by slinging a rock in the middle of his forehead (and then cutting off his head, but that violent aspect of the narrative is conveniently left out the general re-telling of the fable for reasons im certain you all can ascertain)....sproles is small....lane is big....half the team is jesus freaks who jerk it to the bible

the fact that they had to explain this kind of sums up how effective this performance was
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.