Dorial Green-Beckham, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 16, 2016, 09:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

howie said that with lane being out it was really hard to pull the trigger on this deal but that with the picks they traded for wentz they have to take chances to upgrade the talent on the roster.....

so basically the GM just admitted that the roster is devoid of talent and they have no picks to make it better

and now simpleton doug is up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

someone asked something about wendall smallwoods size and Pederson said "his heith?"

ice grillin you

QuoteI was told last year that DGB had trouble even getting lined up correctly for Titans. Guess this year wasn't going much better.

General_Failure

Quote from: MDS on August 16, 2016, 10:32:51 AM
so he grew up with no dad and his moms was on that stuff

im sure mike mularkey, a human ape, was very cognizant of that. doug p is a doofus but his approach might work better?

Well he did work under the wing of Father of the Year Reid, so...

The man. The myth. The legend.

AshishPatel81

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 16, 2016, 11:24:02 AM
howie said that with lane being out it was really hard to pull the trigger on this deal but that with the picks they traded for wentz they have to take chances to upgrade the talent on the roster.....

so basically the GM just admitted that the roster is devoid of talent and they have no picks to make it better

and now simpleton doug is up

I'm all for it. Chip Kelly basically left this team in shambles at WR, and he has really nice physical tools.

ice grillin you

I'll be surprised if dgb is on the team at the end of the season but yeah it's a no lose trade....it's just amazing what a shambles they are in that the gm admitted to getting this  moron because they have no talent and no picks

Diomedes

Maybe dude just needs a new situation and coach, and why not Philly.

Maybe he's a born shteinfarg.

We'll see.

I don't much care about Dennis Kelly, good luck to him. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

What's funny is we're always complaining that the Eagles pick guys like Dennis Kelly in the draft or acquire them via free agency, and never take guys with actual athletic ability.

Now they do exactly that and some of us are STILL complaining.

I honestly think that's why the Eagles have never won anything.  The fans are absolute iceholes and don't deserve a winner.

General_Failure

If fan quality was what determined champions then nobody would ever win anything.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Like this move.  Dennis Kelly is gone.  It's going to be ok. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

I'm still trying to confirm who this Dennis Kelly character was. Not sure he was ever on the team. I for sure didn't know his name. So, logic says, if I didn't know him, he didn't exist. It's like I never lost anything and gained a Beckham!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Quote from: hbionic on August 16, 2016, 08:48:12 PM
I'm still trying to confirm who this Dennis Kelly character was. Not sure he was ever on the team. I for sure didn't know his name. So, logic says, if I didn't know him, he didn't exist. It's like I never lost anything and gained a Beckham!

QB Eagles

He was drafted the same year as Nick Foles, Brandon Boykin, and Bryce Brown. All those guys have been with three teams already but Kelly has been such a integral piece for the Eagles that they couldn't let him leave until this opportunity arose.

AshishPatel81

I'm still skeptical of Howie, but at least he has been thinking logically lately. Every move he has made has at least made some sense, sans Chase Daniel, although as many have speculated that was probably a gift to Pederson.

Like or dislike Wentz, the logic for making the move was sound. The logic for this move was sound as well. They are going to have very little cap room and draft picks next year, they need to hit on some gamble moves to boost the talent. Agree with him 100% on that. And even if a star caliber receiver did get put on the trade block, the Eagles don't really have the resources to acquire them.

It's a breath of fresh air coming off the regime of a man who let his personal oddities and weird fascinations dictate his moves over basic logic and reason.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 16, 2016, 08:50:19 PM
Quote from: hbionic on August 16, 2016, 08:48:12 PM

I swear he probably still hasn't washed his hair since he was drafted.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.