2017 Draft Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

theres no one to trade up for...i mean myles garrett but hes not attainable....this draft lacks elite talent but is pretty deep...meaning its not a trade up draft....its a be patient and get the best players you can
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Cook definitely goes top 10.   Elliott made RB's cool again. 

AshishPatel81

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 01, 2017, 10:05:05 PM
theres no one to trade up for...i mean myles garrett but hes not attainable....this draft lacks elite talent but is pretty deep...meaning its not a trade up draft....its a be patient and get the best players you can

If they whiff on receiver in free agency, I can see a small trade up for Mike Williams. Howie usually gets the players he targets though, I'll say that about him, so I don't expect them to whiff.

Or maybe they look at Dallas as some blueprint and trade up for Cook, since Dallas has been great with Zeke. You never know. I remember in 2014 they got caught in no man's land and settled on Marcus Smith because their next tier of players were all gone when the Eagles picked. Not saying that will happen here, and in the top 15 it is unlikely, but it depends on their board.

ice grillin you

if they trade up for mike williams blow up the franchise....hes so average as a prospect...not saying he cant be a productive nfl player but good god if you give up picks for him you should be shot...especially when they dont have a second next year....they needds tons of players....they should be gathering picks not giving them up

MDS

with the season michael thomas had in NO and the complete shake up they could have there, brandin cooks could become available. they have an extra 4th rounder this year, so maybe you swing a 3rd for him?

also brandon marshall looks done in NY. hes completely insane but they need affordable talent. beggers cant be choosers. also he might be finished.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I'd be fine with Marshall on a 1 or 2 yr deal if all else fails.  Basically someone reliable who can help bring Wentz along until they can (hopefully) find a legit young stud.

PhillyPhreak54

I was a huge Marshall fan over the years and he may be good on a one year deal

If they bring Pimp back they won't go for Cooks obviously. Or would they?

I'm a big time Fournette fan and if Cook is the first back off the board and no top corner of wideout is there I'm running to the podium to call Fournettes name.

MDS

cooks and jackson are the same player so you dont need both

my guess is they come into camp with 2 fairly big time acquisitions, agholor, jmat, dgb and someone they drafted in the mid rounds. might keep 5...maybe one gets injured...maybe they give up on dgb, etc.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

AshishPatel81

They need to get a long-term solution. For Wentz more than anything. A guy he can grow with for years and develop chemistry with. Marshall is not that. Carr to Cooper, Luck to Hilton, Winston to Evans. Wentz to ??. Need that guy for Wentz.

I'd prefer they not sign a guy, and then have to address the WR position again in 2018. Just fix it for the sake of your franchise QB you gave up a billion picks for.

Sgt PSN

If they bring back Pimp that should not keep them from looking for more WR help. He's 30, is basically a 1 trick pony, and weights less than my meatcicle.  He's a nice piece to the puzzle but he's not *the* piece. He can easily be quieted if there's no one else on the field to worry about.

MDS

Quote from: AshishPatel81 on January 01, 2017, 10:36:37 PM
They need to get a long-term solution. For Wentz more than anything. A guy he can grow with for years and develop chemistry with. Marshall is not that. Carr to Cooper, Luck to Hilton, Winston to Evans. Wentz to ??. Need that guy for Wentz.

I'd prefer they not sign a guy, and then have to address the WR position again in 2018. Just fix it for the sake of your franchise QB you gave up a billion picks for.

ideally, sure. but you can find that in this draft. they could spend a ton on jeffery or maybe hopkins if he hits FA. but otherwise they need to add talent and hope they can grab a wr1 in the 18 or 19 draft. finding antonio brown in the 6th round doesnt happen to this pos franchise.

they dont have to add marshall, but rather somealong those lines. they need more talent.

AshishPatel81

Quote from: MDS on January 01, 2017, 10:35:29 PM
cooks and jackson are the same player so you dont need both

my guess is they come into camp with 2 fairly big time acquisitions, agholor, jmat, dgb and someone they drafted in the mid rounds. might keep 5...maybe one gets injured...maybe they give up on dgb, etc.

I like Cooks, but if he hasn't turned into what they want with Drew Brees, who is one of the 5 greatest QBs who ever lived in some people's eyes, how is he going to with Wentz and Doug Pederson? I'd rather just sign Jackson and not give up any picks. These receivers are so terrible though, they need more than Jackson. I'm sorry, but Jackson, Matthews, and Agholor is still not an NFL receiving corps. I'm not really a fan of Matthews either. He's so freaking slow.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AshishPatel81 on January 01, 2017, 10:36:37 PM

i agree with everything here but this draft is brutal for wr's...especially at the top

PhillyPhreak54

Matthews needs to stay in the slot and be a better version of Jason Avant

Outside speed

Agreed that Jaccpot isn't  the sole solution. Even if he comes back they need another guy.

Pipe dream is deandre hopkins

AshishPatel81

I don't know if it would be a good move or not, but a guy I could see Howie going after is Sammy Watkins. He's kinda been a bust and has dealt with injury issues, but if a new regime is going into Buffalo and willing to uproot the roster, he might be a "buy low" target Howie likes to go after. Like he did with DGB. I'm not giving up a ton for him, because of the issues stated.