Alshon Jeffrey, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, March 09, 2017, 04:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

have to see the details but at 37 guaranteed my guess is this is really a 3 year deal, which is about right for someone of his age.

when this thing ends theyll have to cake wentz off, so might as well get everyone theirs now
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on March 09, 2017, 09:59:11 PM
Oh, it'll be good, until right after a big deal is signed.

So does he get injured against the Seahawks, or next week?

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 02, 2017, 10:44:58 AM
Four year extension through 2021

$52m with an additional $1m per year in incentives

Love it. Without him next year they're bare at WR. He hasn't been a #1 WR but you can see a growing chemistry with Wentz. I don't know where Howie is finding this money from but no complaints.

MDS

oh its 27 guaranteed....thats nothing. if they have to they might be able to eat that 3rd/4th years of the deals.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Man, what a weird thing to see with this team making mostly all the right moves.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 02, 2017, 10:59:50 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on March 09, 2017, 09:59:11 PM
Oh, it'll be good, until right after a big deal is signed.

So does he get injured against the Seahawks, or next week?

Will he sleep in a hyperbaric chamber and play on one leg in the SB too?

Rome

Awesome news.  He's been great so far. 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on December 02, 2017, 11:03:59 AM
Man, what a weird thing to see with this team making mostly all the right moves.

Haha.  Just read this.  Couldn't agree more.  It's like someone in charge finally learned how to run an NFL team or something. 

Eagles_Legendz

He's been worse than I expected this year tbh but has been playing better recently and the guaranteed $ is palatable.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 02, 2017, 11:28:19 AM
Awesome news.  He's been great so far.

he's been eh but significantly better lately which is about how he was paid
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

He's the leading receiver on a 10-1 team that spreads the ball around more than most.  He also draws attention from the defenses they play against which allows those secondary weapons more opportunities to make plays.  He's been great so far.  But sure, let's piss on good news. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Howie bein Howie. Overpaid a bit because of injury risk if the fully guaranteed number is actually true. Still, Jeffrey has become a core member in the team's success and although they are in poor cap shape that is somewhat offset by having a lot of core guys already locked up. And I don't think anybody saw it coming how they would have so few needs at this point in time, no glaring draft need. The OLine and defensive backfield in particular have really evolved. Be great if they could draft a real game breaking receiver that compliments Jeffrey.

Eagles_Legendz

I like Jeffery but any number you look at shows he hasn't been great.  Catch %, raw numbers, doesn't matter.  He's also dropped more passes than he's known for.

But he's a good fit for the offense and been getting better.  Seems like a good dude and is a RZ threat.