Fanduel Thread

Started by SunMo, October 08, 2013, 08:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: reese125 on October 17, 2013, 01:34:05 PM
New link--8 people

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/YKSDJCE?invitedby=reese125&cnl=ba

I can't open fanduel from my work computer, did you send my buddy an invite? He's afraid it will go to his spam folder.

reese125

reese125

Such an inconvenience to keep sending new links when we change the number of participants, but just so you guys know why it is the way it is and how they make Fanduel legal:

SamanthaAtFanduel: Yes. The size of a league cannot be edited once it is created
→are you guys working on that because thats a major inconvenience?
SamanthaAtFanduel: No. Part of what makes Daily Fantasy Sports legal is this stipulation, "All prizes and awards offered to winning participants are established and made known to the participants in advance of the game or contest and their value is not determined by the number of participants or the amount of any fees paid by participants."
SamanthaAtFanduel: This means that once the contest is set, the prize amounts cannot be altered based on the number of participants and vice versa.
SamanthaAtFanduel: Hence why you are unable to edit a league once it has been created.
→so pretty much just set the number of participants and hope for the best?
SamanthaAtFanduel: It is best to know the number of participants you are looking to have enter a contest you've created
→i see--wish it was different though
SamanthaAtFanduel: Certainly understandable. Just trying to remain within the guidelines that make this legal and considered a game of skill
→gotcha--thanks

Munson

Interesting. Doesn't explain why you can't establish your own prizes before hand, but at least the league size thing is explained.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: reese125 on October 17, 2013, 01:49:17 PM
yes sent

Haven't gotten your email, my buddy did though and sent it to me.

and yes I checked my spam folder

SunMo

reese how did you leave the old game?  it's still up but your team isn't there anymore
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

nevermind, i figured it out.  have to chat with support
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

You have to chat with support to leave a game?

Though I guess if I stay in it, and it doesn't fill 7 spots, it just cancels and I get my 10 back on sunday anyway?
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

reese125

Quote from: SD on October 17, 2013, 01:59:12 PM
Quote from: reese125 on October 17, 2013, 01:49:17 PM
yes sent

Haven't gotten your email, my buddy did though and sent it to me.

and yes I checked my spam folder

SD, why are you looking for an email? Just click the new link here

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/YKSDJCE?invitedby=reese125&cnl=ba

reese125

Quote from: Munson on October 17, 2013, 02:19:25 PM
You have to chat with support to leave a game?

Though I guess if I stay in it, and it doesn't fill 7 spots, it just cancels and I get my 10 back on sunday anyway?

thats correct

SD

Do I HAVE to pick my team by tonight if I'm not using anyone or can I wait?

Munson

I'm pretty sure all of our rosters locked last week after the thursday game, so I think you have to pick tonight

SD

reese125

Yeah I forgot about that.

I'm changing it next time because there's always some unknown injury that pops up between now and Sunday that could farg some people. Im going to just stick with Sunday and Monday.

reese125

We only have 5 heads in. Need the other 3-Sarge, Hb and SD or it doesn't run