Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

NYTimes compares and contrasts coverage of and reaction to the Bounty Bowl with the current bounty scandal.

edit: grammar
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on April 13, 2012, 07:27:08 PM
NYTimes compares and contrasts coverage of and reaction to the Bounty Bowl with the current bounty scandal.

edit: grammar

Ha, that was great
QuoteThe referees, dutifully enforcing the letter of the rulebook, flagged Zendejas for a low block. He stumbled to his feet with what was later diagnosed as a concussion. Small was not penalized.

Bounty Bowl ll they referenced was one of the all time classic games. Still remember the nearly constant thuds of snowballs coming into Bradshaw's booth by the end of the game. Miss the Vet. You knew it was great when even the announcers were intimidated by it.

Diomedes

Football Outsiders Broken Tackles in 2011

LeSean McCoy leads all RBs.  Vick tied for first with Tebow.  As a team, the Eagles led the league.

Explanation of methodology (if you could call it that) and more at link.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Several Eagles on a very long list of player suing the NFL for concussion related things, including Eric Allen, Trotter and Baldinger (which explains his explanations).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/14/more-and-more-recognizable-names-joining-concussion-lawsuits/

I banged my head against the wall after several games last year, can I join in?

SD

What a stupid lawsuit. Are they also suing their high schools and colleges too? The NFL should make them sign a waiver if they want to play. Nobody forced them to play football, they were paid handsomely to play a sport and knew the physical consequences when they accepted their contract.

Diomedes

I think they've named their own parents in the suit, for bringing them into the world.

methdeez

Quote from: SD on April 14, 2012, 11:13:11 PM
What a stupid lawsuit. Are they also suing their high schools and colleges too? The NFL should make them sign a waiver if they want to play. Nobody forced them to play football, they were paid handsomely to play a sport and knew the physical consequences when they accepted their contract.
I would agree with all of this except: "and knew the physical consequences when they accepted their contract". I think that's what they are suing about. They sure knew it wasn't good for their health. They are saying that the NFL somehow knew more than they did and should have told them about it sooner. I think it's silly, but I guess we will find out what the NFL knew or did not know over the next few years.

SD

Bullshtein. You don't need the NFL to tell you getting hit in the head over and over again is bad for your head. That's called common sense.

QB Eagles

Are we arguing that Jeremiah Trotter has common sense?

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 15, 2012, 07:41:42 AM
Are we arguing that Jeremiah Trotter has common sense?

No...we're arguing that Chidi Ahanotu, Roc Alexander, Eric Allen, Alfred Anderson, Ottis Anderson, Reidel Anthony, Bob Avellini, Brian Baldinger, John Banaszak, Jerome Barkum, Kevan Barlow, Reggie Barlow, Lem Barney, Steve Bartkowski, Brian Baschnagel, Mike Bass, Aaron Beasley, Don Beebe, Lyle Blackwood, Brian Blades, Brent Boyd, Melvin Bratton, Vaughn Broadnax, John Brodie, Chad Brown, Dan Buenning, Norm Buliach, Jarrod Bunch, Jeff Burris, Ken Burrow, Leroy Butler, Keith Byars, John Cappelletti, Roger Carr, Dale Carter, Scott Case, Chris Chambers, Chatric Darby, Darrin Chiaverini, Raymond Clayborn, Ben Coates, Garry Cobb, Scott Conover, Quentin Coryatt, Terry Cousin, Jimbo Covert, Joe Cribbs, Henri Crockett.

Lional Dalton, Wendell Davis, Joe DeLamielleure, Conrad Dobler, Tony Dorsett, Troy Drayton, Shane Dronett, David Duerson, A.J. Duhe, Mark Duper, Dusty Dvoracek, Kenny Easley, Kalimba Edwards, Bert Emanuel, Kevin Everett, Steve Everitt, Terry Fair, Joe Ferguson, Steve Foley, Barry Foster, John Fourcade, Tim Fox, Rocky Freitas, David Fulcher, Mike Furrey, Oronde Gadsden, Scott Galbraith, Dennis Gentry, Jammi German, Jimmie Giles, Leo Goeas, Kurt Goveia, Randy Gradishar, Mel Gray, Hugh Green, Jacquez Green, Jake Grove, Carl Hairston, Darren Hambrick, Troy Hambrick, Rodney Hampton, Terry Hanratty, Al Harris, Cliff Harris, Kwame Harris, Dale Hellestrae, Wally Hilgenberg, Mike Horan, Joe Horn, Ethan Horton, Ken Huff, Maurice Hurst, Heath Irwin, Harold Jackson,Vestee Jackson, Kendyl Jacox, Jim Jeffcoat, Izel Jenkins, Jim Jodat, Rob Johnson, Hassan Jones, Seth Joyner, Isaiah Kacyvenski, Joe Kapp, Alex Karras, Leroy Kelly, Lincoln Kennedy, Kenny King, Sammy Knight, Paul Krause.

Bruce Laird, Le-Lo Lang, Lamar Lathon, Teddy Lehman, Dorsey Levens, D.D. Lewis, Frank Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Greg Lloyd, Chip Lohmiller, Nicholas Luchey, Bob Lurtsema, Reno Mahe, Tony Mandarich, Todd Marinovich, Leonard Marshall, Rod Martin, Lonnie Marts, Shane Matthews, Fred McCrary, Tim McKyer, Jim McMahon, Fred McNeill, Lance Mehl, Mike Merriweather, Terry Metcalf, Stanley Morgan, Zefross Moss, Edwin Mulitalo, Darrin Nelson, Tommy Nobis, Brent Novoselsky, Ken Oxendine, Mike Pagel, Sirr Parker, Bernard Parrish, Jerome Pathon, Dave Pear, Christian Peter, Scott Player, Jethro Pugh, Jack Squirek, Wali Rainer, Fuad Reviez, Reginald Rucker, Mark Rypien, Sean Salisbury, Fred Smerlas, Jack Snow, Jesse Solomon, Mike Stonebreaker, Daniel Stubbs, Patrick Surtain, Jack Tatum, Lamar Thomas, John Tice, Mick Tinglehoff, Jeremiah Trotter, Kyle Turley, Phil Villapiano, Chris Walsh, Curt Warner, Joe Washington, Charlie Waters, Fred Williamson, Garo Yepremian...

has common sense. And that's only 184 names out of 1186.

QB Eagles

lol @ Le-Lo Lang

Looks like G. Cobb is out for a payday too?

Rome

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who ever played a down of competitive football knew about concussions.  I had my bell rung at least once a game from the time I was 8 till I stopped playing.  I never played above high school level, so the long term effects weren't as damaging to me, but still, these fargtards running this scam are full of shtein if they're suggesting they didn't fully know the risks or the NFL was keeping things from them.

Diomedes

There is no way that players could have known that concussions caused a degenerative brain condition which brings on suicidal depression, roid-ragish mood swings, and death by cop finales. 

Of course, nor did the NFL know this. 

Also, we have a thread dedicated to this subject.  You brain damaged fargwits should take this little circlejerk over there.

Eat shtein and die.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 15, 2012, 05:47:46 AM
Bullshtein. You don't need the NFL to tell you getting hit in the head over and over again is bad for your head. That's called common sense.

not defending the suit but we know a whole hell of a lot more today about concussions and what the consequences may be than we did even five years ago...much less 15-20 years ago when it wasnt even a blip on the health radar

CTE is a new disease...i think because of this the nfl is probably off the hook as it was new to them as well...but no one could have ever imagined that playing a contact sport could have been as dangerous as we now no it is...it wasnt a case of just "common sense"....boxing excluded

EDIT: reeeeemix!...bring it back come rewind....just saw dios post above after i posted
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

This will probably have some similarities to the law suits against the tobacco industry. Common sense would seem to tell people that smoked 2 packs a day that when they got up in the morning and coughed up half a lung something was wrong, but on the other hand the companies knew for years, before the general public, how much smoking increased the incidence of cancer, yet suppressed and denied the information. There was probably a period of years the NFL was, or should have been aware of the dangers of CTE but turned a blind eye. Players like Trotter were active during that time.

In the end both parties were complicit, and getting rich from the game, with some degree of denial on both sides. But, the NFL likely did bury information that players weren't aware of.