16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Eagles_Legendz

I said it during both summer leagues but it's obvious watching for 30 seconds that Ben Simmons has "it".  Fultz is TBD.

ice grillin you

its well known simmons cant shoot a lick but jesus him and fultz were 3 for 19 from the field tonight....yikes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i also count 53 missed shots by the sixers and TWO oreb.....thats almost impossible to do

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2017, 09:20:03 PM
its well known simmons cant shoot a lick but jesus him and fultz were 3 for 19 from the field tonight....yikes

No worries with Simmons, but Fultz is a concern. I know he's only a rookie and we've only seen him briefly in summer league and last night but he hasn't been impressive.

ice grillin you

I assume you are talking about the overall player because Simmons shooting is a way bigger concern than fultz....Simmons literally shoots with the wrong hand

SD

Yes the overall player, we all knew Simmons shooting was an issue. Talent is there, he improves his shot the skies the limit. Fultz on the other hand, doesn't play good D, isn't particularly fast, outside shot is average. Not seeing a huge upside.

MDS

they played one preseason game. theyre all 19. jesus christ.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

well either way, "the cuz" has creamed his pants at least 10 times over that one game.

sports talks radio has gotten to an all-time low in this city.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2017, 09:19:53 AM
they played one preseason game. theyre all 19. jesus christ.

simmons started shooting with his wrong hand well before last night

MDS

oh well then i guess he sucks. lets tank again.

Eagles_Legendz

Simmons is going to be great.  If he gets better at shooting he goes from all star to all nba.  I have zero concerns about it, it's just a matter of whether he can reach his ceiling or whether his shot prevents that.  His floor is absurdly high. 

Fultz....I watch a LOT of CBB but I didn't watch much UW.  I saw clips of him obviously but didn't see much live.  I watched summer league and last night.   I'm trying not to overreact but I don't really understand what he's supposed to do well.

ice grillin you

fultz shoots the ball well...even has a very good mid range game which is almost unheard of in todays nba

hes also a very cerebral player and excellent passer....he should be close to an elite pick n roll player....the concern is that he isnt overly athletic and is probably going to have a tough time finishing at the rim in the league

this by the way is another simmons concern...he isnt very athletic either...he has incredible skills for his size but isnt a super duper athlete...in fact he was prettyy bad finishing at the rim in college....but at least he has the size....fultz is 6'4 and cant jump

phattymatty

i just want to watch ben shoot a 3 once in a game. he might average more assists than points this year.