Cowher...Manning...._____??

Started by BigEd76, February 05, 2007, 10:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets the most pressure from the media to win a title next?

McNabb (and Reid)
9 (64.3%)
Schottenheimer
3 (21.4%)
Vick
0 (0%)
Eli Manning
1 (7.1%)
someone else
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Definitely McNabb/Reid and none of the others mentioned are a close second.

BigEd76

Michael Ventre

He brings up McNair, Brees and Palmer too.  I can't edit the poll though...

QB Eagles

I don't think McNair is under a lot of pressure to win the SB. Seems too past his prime, and if he wins it'll be totally due to the Baltimore defense anyway.

Anyone who thinks the most pressure is on Brees and Palmer must be thinking that McNabb is past his prime too.

Vick and Manning are under pressure to become reliably good quarterbacks, not to win titles.

ice grillin you

i assume youre talking national media and if thats the case i dont feel like its redi mcnabb...i get no sense whatsoever that the national media even comes close to putting pressure on them

this year with mcnabbs injury and the team the eagles have they dont really have a chance to win the superbowl so there will be even less attention because of that

id put holmgren right up there with anyone even thos hes won...the pressure on him to win without farve and prove he wasnt a one time wonder is pretty strong

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 06, 2007, 08:18:16 AM
i assume youre talking national media and if thats the case i dont feel like its redi mcnabb...i get no sense whatsoever that the national media even comes close to putting pressure on them

i agree

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 06, 2007, 08:18:16 AM
id put holmgren right up there with anyone even thos hes won...the pressure on him to win without farve and prove he wasnt a one time wonder is pretty strong

Holmgren bought himself some time by getting to the SB last year so I think the heat is off of him for now.  But there is definately pressure for him to win one with the Seahawks.  They haven't had much playoff success under him other than their SB run and they only advanced this year because Romo hadn't properly washed his hands after playing with Carrie's under wood. 

ice grillin you

Holmgren bought himself some time by getting to the SB last year so I think the heat is off of him for now.  

i agree...but now that manning has won there really isnt a clear cut person out there....holmgren was the best i could come up with and hes won a superbowl which really should eliminate him from this thread right off the bat

SunMo

Marty is pretty much the guy, he was almost as much the guy this year along with Peyton
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He's also a lot older, even if Reid's going to die young due to his weight.

Wingspan

There really isnt much pressure on Schottenheimer...everyone just flat out expects him to lose.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

marty isnt a very good coach tho...hes just been around a long time...i think with marty everyone wants to see him win a playoff game or two...if he even made a superbowl it would be more "OMG" than it would be "finally"

to qualify you have to be known as a great player or coach who hasnt won

which is why marty reid mcnabb dont get more attention because they just arent on a peyton mannings level

General_Failure

It would be Marvin Lewis if his players would stop getting arrested.

The man. The myth. The legend.