Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

hes actually crazy better than ramos...ramos is fat and cant move

grandal is horribly inconsistent

but im with you this trade is a disaster if no bryce or manny
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Harper is a Phillie.  I'm calling it. 

Someone get Jay some smiling salts. 

Munson

Can we have Manny too please
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

theyre not getting both and id rather have bryce

manny wants to go to the yankees but the yankees dont want him....anyone who gets him is getting a im here for the $$ guy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on February 17, 2019, 06:50:55 PM
Harper is a Phillie.  I'm calling it. 

Someone get Jay some smiling salts.

The both of them, and their agents, can farg off.

Rome

I'm so proud that you've grown into a jaded, bitter old farger.

😆

Geowhizzer

What, no news yet?  I'm shocked, I thought this time was really it...  ::)

MDS

i know the pro management mentality had a hold on MAGA chuds, trump apologists and geriatric fake liberals like romey...but they even have the j's of the world now

sad reality

Rome

I hope they bust the bank.  But this should have been done months ago.  And it could have been in Harper's case considering he was allegedly offered $300M over 10 yrs by his former team.   I mean how much more do you really need?   Is the extra $10M he's said to have been offered by the Phillies really worth all this?

QB Eagles

QuoteIs the extra $10M he's said to have been offered by the Phillies really worth all this?

All what? I'm sure he's relaxing somewhere. It's the baseball fans who think that what is happening now represents some kind of crisis. Skipping spring training to earn a few more million sounds like a good deal to me.

I do think it's somewhat unsightly to drag on for so long, so MLB should try to figure out how to have a more defined free agency period that ends before actual baseball starts. But it seems like the management, agents, and players are all behaving the way the current system incentivizes them to behave.

Rome

I'm talking about the effect it's having on the market.  As long as these two pins are standing, it seems like little else is going to move. 

Then again if this is a concerted effort by the owners not to sign a swath of elite talent, the players certainly have grounds for collusion charges down the line. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on February 18, 2019, 12:38:58 PM
   I mean how much more do you really need?   Is the extra $10M he's said to have been offered by the Phillies really worth all this?

why dont you ask the billionaire owners that

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2019, 04:36:20 PM
Quote from: Rome on February 18, 2019, 12:38:58 PM
   I mean how much more do you really need?   Is the extra $10M he's said to have been offered by the Phillies really worth all this?

why dont you ask the billionaire owners that

This is disingenuous. 

$200-$300 Million vs. Billions.  To people making <$40,000 and struggling to make ends meet, does it really matter?  At this point, both of them are the haves. 

Minor leaguers... or at least the ones that didn't get gigantic bonuses, you have a case for.   Right now, though, Freddy Galvis will make more this year than I will in my entire working life.  And I'm doing better than many in this country.

Rome

I'm just a tad right of Leon Trotsky when it comes to economics, but somehow that simpleton has me sympathizing with the "plight" of billionaires.

It really is funny.