Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

It's an awful sandwich area. I take what I can get. Many places try to replicate the hoagies but fail miserably. This place, chain or not, was as solid as I've had.

Doesn't touch the Greek dudes shop down the street from my moms place tho.

Rome

Jersey Mike's is an abomination.

Sorry, Jay.

PhillyPhreak54

You haven't eaten sandwiches in Houston, Texas man. This was the good standard of sandwiches here.

That doesn't count BBQ style sandwiches because they do BBQ right around here

Rome

Never been to Houston.  Never plan on going there either so I'll have to take your word for it.

Texas BBQ sucks too.  Get with the KC (or even NC) shtein or GTFO.

PhillyPhreak54

lol

Well it may not be the best but its damn good.

The tex mex grub is too. I'd murder someone for a plate of fajitas right now

MDS

the bottom line is texas (and the south in general) do meat better than everyone else

the north does bread better.

since bread makes the sammich the hoagies outside of the east coast are horrendous. i had one today where everything was golden except for the bread which was mediocre at best.

thats why most of the time i just go straight wings or bbq or whatever and dont even try to replicate a hoagie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they do meat better if its brisket or ribs

but real meat.....meaning deli meat...is better in the philly ny corridor than anywhere on the planet except maybe italy...the south has no italians which is why their meat sucks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

reese125

please. no chance in hell hes disqualified. $$

Rome

Viewership would be cut in half at least.

Reese is right.  No chance that happens.

Rome

They levied a 2-stroke penalty for not playing the ball as close as possible to his previous spot (he played it 2 yards back).

What a joke.

ice grillin you

reason number 4000 why golf is a game not a sport

Rome

That would be like me calling into MLB, complaining about an umpire's strike call, and MLB overturning the final score because of it.

Either you catch the infraction on the course or you don't.  If you don't, too farging bad.  That's why they have rules officials on the course.  Nobody caught it and the guy was about as harshly penalized as you can get just by having the ball hit the stick and bound into the pond.  Now some whiny white rich corksucker is gonna call ESPN and bitch about it, and the tournament is going to go back in time and impose a scoring penalty when no one at the time saw anything wrong with it?  And it's not like he gained any real advantage either.

It's just boring white bread country club bullshtein to me.  And to a certain extent, you're right, Havas.  It's not a sport... it's an activity that requires athletic ability.

ice grillin you

plus he moved the farging ball farther away from the hole...if he had moved it closer or moved it from the 1st cut to the fairway or somehow gave himself an advantage i could understand...its beyond ridiculous an they ruined the tournament....

i actually hope tiger tanks now so their ratings take a hit tomorrow....not hang around make it interesting but not quite get there

ice grillin you

tiger just missed a six footer for birdie at the second that would have gotten him within three

why the hell is his round not being televised right now.....the masters tv schedule is so ridiculous