Updating the board software

Started by General_Failure, June 11, 2011, 08:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Things will look odd for a while. Death with it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

General_Failure

This is your mom's vagina forum.

So, yeah. Old theme didn't work very well with the new software. The old software was more out of date than Yeti's contributions to the hippos thread, so it had to be upgraded. All the blue will be gone by Monday.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on June 11, 2011, 09:22:54 PM
This is your mom's vagina forum.

Even that has more members than this place. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

There is still some minor stuff to be done, but nothing seems to be too broken right now. Best part is the new software has better anti-spam settings. Maybe now I won't have to delete 20 new accounts from Russian spammers every day.

SD

I'm in the minority but I like the board better this way.

General_Failure

It was a little more blue earlier, but I think I've gotten rid of it all.

And now we have video embedding for the YouTube thread. It isn't perfect, but farg you.

PhillyGirl

I don't like the reply and stuff buttons...any way to change those back? And the ones at the top of the page (home, help, etc).
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

oh, and making the top banner clickable to the home page of the board?

NGM

Thanks for the time you put into run this piece dude.  Even if its only to listen to us twats bitch about stuff.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

General_Failure

I'll see what I can do about the banner, but the menus are probably going to stay. They're growing on me, but I may have to add a little color to them.

Sgt PSN

Eh.  Like most things, just takes a little time to get used to change.  Some things are nicer, others just different. 

But yeah, the banner could def use some work. Either resize and stretch it to fit the entire width or just center it.  Then on each side of the banner you could put a picture of David Simon and the cast of The Wire.   

Oh, and what's up with this bright lime greed "loading" banner that flashes across the top of my screen whenever I want to modify a post?

Diomedes

I'm going to go with: it's a status bar that tells you the page is loading.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger