2007 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by ice grillin you, September 06, 2007, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i disagree...i can see kitna sacked a bunch of times and maybe throw a pick or two...but i can also see him throwing it 45 times for 300+ yards and a bunch of td's...not saying he will but thats a better possibility than farve lighting it up in that awful offense...even against the giants
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Kitna might put up decent numbers, but they won't be anything like last week. Green Bay against a Giants team looks like a great match up. Jennings will be back, Driver another week removed from a bum ankle, Brandon Jackson will have room to run. I just think it'll be one of the few times Farve will produce good fantasy stats this year.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 12, 2007, 12:10:34 PM
i disagree...i can see kitna sacked a bunch of times and maybe throw a pick or two...but i can also see him throwing it 45 times for 300+ yards and a bunch of td's...not saying he will but thats a better possibility than farve lighting it up in that awful offense...even against the giants

Agreed.  Kitna had a good outting against the Raiders who have a pertty damn good defense.....ranked top 5 last year if I remember correctly.  So starting him against the Vikes may not be a bad thing.  

Favre is definately capable of having a vintage day and lighting up the Gints.  But I really don't know if he has the players around him to do it.  Kitna definately has the weapons.  

SunMo

also, the Vikes were very good against the run last year, but not nearly as good against the pass, Kitna in this offense is pretty much an automatic start each week.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Who do I start at my #3 WR and flex posisitions, pick two between these players.

WR-Dennis Northcutt
WR-Nate Burleson
WR-Jason Avant
RB-Julius Jones
RB-Ladell Betts

I have Northcutt at #3 WR and Betts in the flex right now. I have Derrick Ward starting at my #2 RB posistion against Miami. I'm thinkin either Betts or Jones have to be in the flex, Betts did well against the Eagles last year.

And in another league...Pick my #2 RB out of one of these guys..my #1 is S. Jackson
Marion Barber III
Julius Jones
Ahman Green
Chris Brown
Derrick Ward
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhanInDC

You have Jason Avant on a fantasy roster? Surprise.

Anyway, first group: Northcutt and Jones. I'm think after last week, Betts' workload will be reduced a bit. Portis looked like the old Portis.

Second group, Marion Barber III. He's a touchdown machine. Barber's last 16 games = 17 touchdowns. He'll score against Miami, and have a decent stat line.

I have Chris Brown in my money league, the temptation to start him is growing. If he posts another decent game, then I would suggest moving him into Barber's class, and picking them based on matchups. He isn't there yet IMO.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

my weekly QB decision

romo @ miami

or

vs buffalo

reese125

QuoteI have Northcutt at #3 WR

your opponent this week just did a backflip

QuotePick my #2 RB

Marion Barber

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2007, 08:25:42 AM
my weekly QB decision

romo @ miami

or

vs buffalo

chess match between the two former Chargers coordinators. I see the under coming through here

go with Big Ben against the Bills secondary. Javon Walker lit them up last week and hes their only threat.
Roth has H Ward and S Holmes-- with H Miller in the middle

Father Demon

Would you do this trade?  I'm trying to sell Burress while his value is probably at the highest it will be all season.

Burress and Portis
for
Addai and Santonio Holmes

Standard scoring league, with 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 WR/RB flex per team.

My other RBs:  Gore, jones-Drew, Br. jackson, and Selvin Young (strictly taken as a flyer since henry is prone to injury)(
My other WR's:  Reg Brown, Berrian
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

id do it if i was you...but i doubt the other person will do it tho simply because addai was his first pick and portis is gonna share time with betts...where as addai is the colts backfield

Father Demon

I should add that I sent this to him last night, but with Mcnabb going from me and Brees coming (he's Canadian, and I was trying to Jesse James him).  He rejected on the grounds that he doesn't trust McNabb's knee, but with no other objections.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Father Demon on September 13, 2007, 09:29:41 AM
Would you do this trade?  I'm trying to sell Burress while his value is probably at the highest it will be all season.

Burress and Portis
for
Addai and Santonio Holmes

Standard scoring league, with 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 WR/RB flex per team.

My other RBs:  Gore, jones-Drew, Br. jackson, and Selvin Young (strictly taken as a flyer since henry is prone to injury)(
My other WR's:  Reg Brown, Berrian

That trade is nice. You'd be stacked an RB. It would depend on if you could move MJD. I would do it, then trade Jones-Drew for some nice WR talent. With Gore and Addai, you would have two bonafide RB1s. Holmes is going to have a nice season, and with the quality of WRs you could get for Jones-Drew, you could turn that team into a real powerhouse.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: reese125 on September 13, 2007, 08:40:29 AM
Javon Walker lit them up last week and hes their only threat.

Ha. Brandon Marshall: 5 catches, 52 yards and a TD, and Brandon Stokley: Three balls for 65 yards. But they suck.

I'd still go with Roethlisberger against Buffalo.....but it's a toss up. Check the weather conditions a bunch too before the start of the game.

rjs246

Of course I'd do that trade. Everyone with a brain would do that trade.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.