Thanks.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on September 27, 2005, 03:18:04 PM
1. Randy Moss, Aaron Brooks, J. Lewis, T Taylor for Peyton and D. Davis

Who wins?

2. Bulger and Holt for Vick and Owens

Who wins?

Thanks.

Out of the first one, I would say the guy who gets Brooks, Moss, Lewis and Taylor would win. Randy will do his normal thing, and while you wouldn't want Brooks as a QB playing for real, he is a pretty damn good Fantasy QB. Lewis has sucked so far, but will be serviceable, and Taylor is worth a bit considering Burleson is out at least for one more week. Peyton is, well, Peyton Manning, but he won't do anything like he did last year, and Domanick Davis' line looks like total ass and they have a pretty tough schedule.

The second one is more tough, Vick and Owens makes the most sense if you already are solid at QB and would plug Vick in for bye-weeks or good matchups. Bulger is better as a Fantasy QB, and Holt is close to being on par with T.O fantasy-wise. If you suck at QB, Bulger and Holt would make more sense in my opinion.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Eagles_Legendz

First trade updated to Manning, D.Davis, M. Clayton, for Randy, Vick, Edge.

Really torn here.

Thanks for the advice PPinDC, I pretty much am agreeing with you on all accounts here.  FYI, my starting team looks like this now, if it helps with your decision making:  start 2 RB, 2 WR, one flex.  My other RB is Mewelde Moore.  Obviously I need an upgrade at QB.

Vick/Brooks
Edge, J.Lewis
Horn, Moss, Owens
Crumpler

PhillyPhanInDC

I think that is a pretty bad trade. Manning hasn't done much, and though I am still not buying teams have found the magic to stop Manning and CO, he's not worth giving up both Randy Moss and the Edge. You've gotta think, if teams keep doing what they are doing to Manning, leaving three down lineman, and dropping everyone into coverage, Edge is going to have a big year. I still believe Jamal Lewis will have a solid year, Moore is now the feature back in Minnesota, and Edge is a must start. You're okay at RB. Dominick Davis could make a major hole in that spot for you. Clayton is a good receiver, but is not going to put up numbers anywhere near what Moss will I think. Vick is a good start vs. the right defense, and Brooks will throw for 3000+ yards. I'd turn down that trade. I think the guy is trying to deal what he perceives as players that still have some worth because of where they went in drafts and their names, but are slipping (Houston has some serious issues right now). Don't be a sucker.

Your best bet is to sit it out and see if he sweetens the deal. Go look at what Manning, Davis, and Clayton have down fantasy-wise so far this year. You'll get a good idea of why he is trying to deal them
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.