and foles is the second qb aka the back up qb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Foles is also the backup TE.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Susquehanna Birder

I guess you can argue that anybody not on the starting squad on the first snap is a backup. But in systems where players rotate in and out of packages, the term just doesn't properly describe their role ("Meh, he's just a backup."). That would make Chris Long and Michael Bennett backup DEs and Sidney Jones a backup CB. The term can be inaccurate and potentially dismissive.

I know it's just stupid semantics. But discussion topics are a little thin. Welcome to the off-season doldrums.

Back to Goedert...maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I think he'll be starting quality once the regular season arrives.

smeags

how about a compromise ?

TE's

1a- ertz
1b - goedert
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

That'll work I suppose. Maybe more like the X, Y, Z thing they use to describe the WRs. If we do that then I can sleep at night.

ice grillin you

think snaps not positions

if the eagle starting TE had left in FA then goddart well may get the most snaps at TE this year but since they currently have a really good starter and he's a rookie errz will in all likely hood far exceed his time on the field

or think if the starter got hurt who would take his snaps...whoever that is is a back up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im going to back this conversation up into a volcano
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Let me know when someone brings moms into the conversation.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Your mom is literally Hitler.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Ok now it's getting good!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

The point of talking about moms is to say something bad or insulting about her, not facts.

Let me know when this happens. Thanks.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05