Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Tyrion just did an interview on the Daily Show, pretty funny. Also got a short clip of him and Cersi.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Zanshin

I haven't seen that show, but even I know that any clip of Tyrion is a short clip.

Eagles_Legendz

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/game-of-thrones/season-3

Love how NYT has had three different reviewers each year have close to the lowest score.

Episode1/2 supposed to be a little slower before it kicks into gear the rest of the season.

Munson

Woah, the main blurb there gave away a semi-spoiler on Sansa this season...didn't realize that was going to happen/that was going to be what Littlefinger's offer was.

The Walking Dead is gonna spill over 5 minutes tonight, but I think I read that the GOT episode is going to be available ondemand immediately

Munson

Thoughts on some of the story lines....

Robb-Looks like Bolton and Kraster are getting ticked off
Tyrion-Damn Tywin is stone cold. I was hoping he would learn of what Tyrion did and maybe ease up on him/trust him a little more. But nope. I was starting to like Tywin a little bit too
Dany-I was really hoping Ser Barristan would end up fighting for the North/Riverlands, or join the Brotherhood. But I am biased towards the Starks and despite it looking like Dany is the "true hero" of this story, I really don't want her to end up ruling. But oh well. I do like Selmy and I guess watching him help someone other than the Lannisters is a good thing
Kings Landing-I like seeing Cersi threatened by Margery. Looks like her and Joffery are gonna be at odds over this engagement. Still pissed at Loras and his stupid face for helping the Lannister's beat Stannis

The rest of the story lines were just about what I thought they would be. Glad to see Davos is still alive, assumed he was. Sad that we got no Arya, Bran, or The Hound this week

Eagles_Legendz

I thought it was pretty good setting things up.  I think the Harrenhal stuff was a little odd.  I guess we're just supposed to assume Gregor killed everyone on his way out.  He's one of the few characters that has suffered a lot transitioning from the book to TV. 

LF's comment to Sansa re:Arya - so did he actually recognize her in Harrenhal and not out her or was he just blowing smoke @Sansa?

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 01, 2013, 10:17:40 AM
I thought it was pretty good setting things up.  I think the Harrenhal stuff was a little odd.  I guess we're just supposed to assume Gregor killed everyone on his way out.  He's one of the few characters that has suffered a lot transitioning from the book to TV. 

LF's comment to Sansa re:Arya - so did he actually recognize her in Harrenhal and not out her or was he just blowing smoke @Sansa?

Yeah I was wondering that as well. But even if he did recognize her, there's no way he can know where she is now.

The preview for next week has her running into Thoros of Myr, who I'm hoping is as cool a character as he seems to be.

Eagles_Legendz

Munson

I hope they find a way to get those dreams into the show at some point. Because if it does turn out to be true, they're gonna have to incorporate that more into the story eventually. As of right now the only person I know for sure that's alive that knows what happened is Howland Reed. I guess we could always find out later that someone else was there or survived or whatever.

They definitely should have included Rhaegar in Dany's dream sequence. If they were worried about confusing the non-book audience, they coulda just had her ask Jorah what Rhaegar looked like or something.

Munson

I can already tell that every week, I'm going to be pissed when the episode ends. One hour is never enough time.

Lady Olenna might be my new favorite character. Not liking the way Bolton lied about Theon, or the way Karstark is getting all pissy. Thoros of Myr now knows who Arya is thanks to The Hound, and I hope that's a good thing. I'm pretyt sure he was friendly with Robert and Ned.

Diomedes

If they continue to stick with the storyline from the books, yes, you will be pissed with the progression.  I think Martin enjoys frustrating his readers.  The thing is a monstrous big, slow moving, disaster.  Basically, nothing gets better for anyone, ever. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: Munson on April 07, 2013, 10:13:41 PM
Bolton
Karstark 

I've watched every episode of this show and I have no idea who the hell these characters are.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on April 08, 2013, 09:10:32 AM
Quote from: Munson on April 07, 2013, 10:13:41 PM
Bolton
Karstark 

I've watched every episode of this show and I have no idea who the hell these characters are.

Same. I love the show but trying to keep up with who everyone is while simultaneously keeping up with the names of the new characters can be a bit much. Can't imagine reading the books are any different.

rjs246

Part of what I like is that it's more or less easy to follow what's going on even if you don't know every character or know what the hell their motivations are. If it's important eventually it will be made plain. But in the meantime, reading a post like Munson's makes my head hurt because I have no idea what the farg he's talking about.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.